VRS AGU 1.8T TB Alignment 100%

Hi All

I thought I would through this out there and see the reaction.

I was able to do a TB alignment today after reading a thread on some VW Passat forum during my lunch break so I decided to try it when I get home, not via VAG-COM but via a far more simple method and it worked 100%.

Basically it was this,

A) Pop open the hood.

B) Leave the drivers door open.

C) Turn the ignition on so the seat belt warnings start to pleep.

4) Wait for a minute or so.

5) Then you will hear the TB start to do the alignment process, it's a high pitch whistle, this will last for 60 seconds or so.

6) Start the car and enjoy the fruits of your labour. :thumbup:

I was not expecting this to work but it did, give it a try, what’s to loose, it worked for my 53 AGU 1.8T.

Let me know your findings.

Best Regards

Chris

Edited by chris2470
Change Engine model

I must admit I didn't expect it to.. but was genuinely shocked when I heard it start the alignment process.

What’s to lose it only takes a few minutes!!

I will be intrigued if it works for other AGU drivers.

I have heard many times that this method is an old wives tale.I think You can hear the throttle body going through the motions every time the ignition is turned on.

I must admit every time i have realigned with vag-com after a throttle body clean i have never noticed any difference.

I must admit every time i have realigned with vag-com after a throttle body clean i have never noticed any difference.

Which I always read as it wasn't out too start with when this happens to me.

...........does that make sense what I just said :confused::confused:

is it jus me but ive done 50k in my vRS and its 3 yr old. I have not yet had to clean my TB?

it is still lookin like new on the side of the pipe.

is it something to worry about?

once a week tough i leave the ign on and let the TB stop wining

A work at a toyota garage and all i can say is you'd be surprised bout stuff like this. try coding a key in on any toyota nd you'll see how.

OK if you have the master key, short the T terminals on the diagnostic plug start on the master and start on the keys to be programmed, disconnect the jump wire (or bent paper clip) on the plug and away you go.

I think that the point that he is trying to make is that you may be surprised by what you can do without the need to plug in a computer. On a side track isn't the VRS egine an AUQ not an AGN?

Edit - meant AGU as per title not AGN.

Edited by fordfan

Sorry All,

I stand corrected as mine is a AUQ after all :o, just checked the log book.

It still did something with the TB however but suppose I will not know for sure until I remove it, clean it out and then need to perform this for real.

Sorry All,

I stand corrected as mine is a AUQ after all :o, just checked the log book.

It still did something with the TB however but suppose I will not know for sure until I remove it, clean it out and then need to perform this for real.

Not necessarily mine ran fine after a clean, but i realigned anyway