roof rack/top box

ect

i,m thinking of fitting a roof rack & top box to my octavia 4x4 . my family & i will be camping this year & thought this would be a cheaper option than a tow bar & trailor. i,d like to hear from anyone who has fitted one to their octavia & the cost ? do i have to fit a genuine skoda rack or can i get one from halfords or similar?.......many thanx :)

regds ect :cool:

totally agree with Kentish

As many of you will discover, I reguarly change cars. If you go down the thule route yo can chop and chabge the fitment pack to suit your cars.

I have Thule Aero bars (silver ones) and the the foot pack 750 is for normal cars. I have the fitment pack for three diferent cars. If you buy the branded ones they will only ever fit that car. Whereas I change the fitment pack (

I can certainly recommend Thule (they actually make some OEM ones) - Slightly more expensive but well worth it. I think Halfords may have an offer on them at the moment. If you've got rails fitted just get bars and the rail pack which will be universal, otherwise you need a Skoda specific set (like my Furby needs) . Just remember the extra height with a box - I know it sounds obvious, but it's easy to forget. The Halfords boxes (not the cheaper black plastice ones) are also very good quality and I was told made by Thule. I got my

I have a pair of Atera Signo ASR aluminium roof bars and a FAPA Alto 480 roof box from The Roofbox Company. Both are expensive but very good quality. I originally had a FAPA Alto 460 roof box but it wasn't big enough and I exchanged it for the 480 at the end of the summer holiday - one of the advantages of buying from The Roofbox Company. The FAPA Alto 480 is probably the longest roofbox you can sensibly mount on an Octavia Estate.