Fitting underseat boxes

Vrs and Elegance come with them, other models don't. I've recently fitted them to my Comfort. You can buy them cheaply from any Skoda dealer, and they are simple enough to fit yourself. You can get them for both the driver's side and the passenger side.

needed:

1. BOX

2. Thorx screwdriver

3. 12-point SPLINE 10 mm (may be difficult to find) to unscrew the seat

4. 2 thorxes (dont know exact measuring, ask the dealer for bolts that will suit to fix this box)

Steps:

1. unscrew 4 splines fixing the seat to the floor

2. remove the seat from the car

3. unscrew 1 thorx fixing the front covering under the seat

4. remove the covering

5. fit the box in place

6. screw back the thorx you did in pt.3

7. screw 2 more thorxes fixing the back part of the BOX. You will see the the holes for them already drilled in the seat frame. Check the box is firmly secured, or you will have to put the seat out later

8. put the seat back in place and tighten 4 splines fixing it to the floor.

needed:

1. BOX

2. Thorx screwdriver

3. 12-point SPLINE 10 mm (may be difficult to find) to unscrew the seat

4. 2 thorxes (dont know exact measuring, ask the dealer for bolts that will suit to fix this box)

Steps:

1. unscrew 4 splines fixing the seat to the floor

2. remove the seat from the car

3. unscrew 1 thorx fixing the front covering under the seat

4. remove the covering

5. fit the box in place

6. screw back the thorx you did in pt.3

7. screw 2 more thorxes fixing the back part of the BOX. You will see the the holes for them already drilled in the seat frame. Check the box is firmly secured, or you will have to put the seat out later

8. put the seat back in place and tighten 4 splines fixing it to the floor.

I see that this is your first post, Welcome you to Briskoda !

Your English is very good, are you by chance a British ex-patriot ?

Many thanks for the comprehensive response, WOW !

Dealer's kit supplied the Torx self-tapping screws. I'll have to borrow/buy a 10mm torx socket head to do the job.

Cheers

Nick.

I see that this is your first post, Welcome you to Briskoda !

Thanks alot! :)

Your English is very good, are you by chance a British ex-patriot ?

Nope, Im native Russian

Dealer's kit supplied the Torx self-tapping screws. I'll have to borrow/buy a 10mm torx socket head to do the job.

Keep in mind, You need 10-mm SPLINE (12-point), not THORX (6-point) to unscrew those 4 bolts. VERY hard to unscrew, they are secured with loctite

Terrific stuff. Many, many thanks.

I'm a bit scared at having to remove the seats, especially if the screws are "Loctited" - that usually means using an impact driver to do the initial loosening.

I'll do it if I have to, but I am wondering if there is a way of fitting the boxes, without removing the seats ? - I'm thinking along the lines of removing the panel at the front of the seat, inserting the box, pushing seat fully foward and then inserting and tightening the box locating screws ?

Nick

Yes, very good point about needing the M10 spline. You'll strip it otherwise. Difficult and the bolts are rather difficult to get to, but it's possible. I didn't need any other tool for bringing these out, apart from the M10.

Good luck :thumbup:

Steve

I'm a bit scared at having to remove the seats, especially if the screws are "Loctited" - that usually means using an impact driver to do the initial loosening.

Done by hand, dont worry

I'll do it if I have to, but I am wondering if there is a way of fitting the boxes, without removing the seats ? - I'm thinking along the lines of removing the panel at the front of the seat, inserting the box, pushing seat fully foward and then inserting and tightening the box locating screws ?

Nick

Absolutely impossible, you wont be able to secure the front screw because it's hidden between the body of the box and its front panel.

Dont worry, i've done it in 20 minutes :thumbup:

Ha! Ha!

That sounds like something Dirty Harry would say - wasn't that his departing advice to his boss in "Magnum Force" on possible uses for his redundant L.A. detective's badge ?

Anyway, problem solved. The bolts, I think are "Triple square" or XZN.

Triple Square screws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seem to be plenty of driver bits for these on the market.

Nick