Koni FSD & H & R Springs

Calling all you lucky people who have fitted FSD,H&R springs or even both.:thumbup:

As i managed to pick up a set of FSD's,i'm wondering if i should buy the H&R springs to lower the car slightly while i'm fitting the springs or just stick with the original ones?

Please post your reviews if you have any/both of these fitted.:thumbup:

I'm looking at maybe getting a set of KW v3 next year as i need to have a ride in a octy with these fitted before i commit to the cost of these.

Hi mate, ive had koni fsd's fitted for about 3months now with standard springs. If you keep the standard springs the fsd's will make it sit slightly higher if i was doing it again i would get the H&R springs too only to make it look better as the standard springs work well with fsd's!

First thing you will notice is how much firmer the car feels but at the same time alot smoother over potholes, also when braking nose dive is greatly reduce feels strange at first.

When driving normally you forget about the fsd's until you start pressing on into corners the harder you go round corners the firmer they get you can hold a much tighter line with little bodyroll though i have rear arb too. When i first had mine fitted it felt amazing! You wont be dissapionted really are best of both worlds!

This is the setup I'm looking at getting.

I was thinking of just buying standard springs off skoda to replace the old ones, but these H&R ones sound interesting.

How much do they lower the car by? (excluding the 5mm raise from the FSD's)

I don't want a silly low car that gets stuck every 5 mins, but a bit lower is OK by me...

This is the setup I'm looking at getting.

I was thinking of just buying standard springs off skoda to replace the old ones, but these H&R ones sound interesting.

How much do they lower the car by? (excluding the 5mm raise from the FSD's)

I don't want a silly low car that gets stuck every 5 mins, but a bit lower is OK by me...

You will pay a lot of money for the standard springs (around £200).

H&R springs will lower by around 20mm maybe a bit less with the FSD.

Just waiting to see if i can get a set of springs before i fit the shocks,otherwise it will be the shocks on standard springs.

I've had koni FSD's and H&R springs on my vRS for a couple of months now. The H&R springs are vRS specific and lower the car by 20mm.

So far I am very pleased with the set-up. I was looking for better control but not a bone breaking ride and that's exactly what I got.

Handling does seem a little strange at first because it seems a smoother ride than the standard springs, but it all switches depending on how you drive. Through corners the car is much flatter as everything firms up. Squat and dive are reduced by a huge amount compared to standard as well.

As I say, i am pleased with the result. Car looks slightly lower, but only a slight change from standard.

Maybe going for an ARB next!

Just seen Jabba do FSD's and Eibach Sportline springs all in for £580 (£135 for the springs).

But I see the Eibach website doesn't list for the vRS either! Arg I hate it when stuff isnt listed for my car....

I hopefully should be ok now,Sarah is sorting me a set out (she's not that bad after all):thumbup:

If all goes to plan then sat 9th will be fitting day for

powerflex wishbone bushes

Koni FSD'S

H & R Springs

and maybe the cupra splitter i've had for 10 months.

Just seen Jabba do FSD's and Eibach Sportline springs all in for £580 (£135 for the springs).

But I see the Eibach website doesn't list for the vRS either! Arg I hate it when stuff isnt listed for my car....

Those Eibach springs are not the correct ones for a vrs mate, Eibach do not make springs for the vrs H&R is the way to go!

Ahh OK cheers for clearing that one up for me bud, I haven't really done much research on it till today so I'm slowly learning!

I see Awesome do FSD's for £415.63 inc. vat (alot cheaper than Jabba at £445) but can't see H&R springs listed on their website anywhere. Do they do them? It would be convenient to get the lot from one place.....

Ahh OK cheers for clearing that one up for me bud, I haven't really done much research on it till today so I'm slowly learning!

I see Awesome do FSD's for £415.63 inc. vat (alot cheaper than Jabba at £445) but can't see H&R springs listed on their website anywhere. Do they do them? It would be convenient to get the lot from one place.....

Yes they do them as i have just ordered mine.:thumbup:

Give them a call as they have to be ordered.

If the springs fit the standard Octavia then they will fit the vRS, it's not as if the spring seats are different. the only thing you will have to take into consideration is that when they say -30mm etc, your car is already -20mm from a stock Octavia and so the resultant drop will only be -10mm.

If the springs fit the standard Octavia then they will fit the vRS, it's not as if the spring seats are different. the only thing you will have to take into consideration is that when they say -30mm etc, your car is already -20mm from a stock Octavia and so the resultant drop will only be -10mm.

It's not just about the drop.The main problem is the poundage rate that are different.

Don't forget the vrs has stiffer suspension.

People have fitted non vrs springs before and they just don't work the same.

H&R are the only company that a know that makes uprated springs for the mk1 vrs,other companies have listed them and then taken them off their lists as they don't work as they should.

It's not just about the drop.The main problem is the poundage rate that are different.

Don't forget the vrs has stiffer suspension.

People have fitted non vrs springs before and they just don't work the same.

H&R are the only company that a know that makes uprated springs for the mk1 vrs,other companies have listed them and then taken them off their lists as they don't work as they should.

Yep spot on!!

I have FSD's with H&R springs and found this set up very good. I did have the FSD's with Eibach's and can tell you that this set up was really bad and felt actually dangerous. The actual drop in the H&R is realistically 15-20mm depending on how old or how many miles your standard springs have done.