Tow Bar Advice

Following a semi succesfull week of camping myself and the kids loved it although SWMBO prefers more creature comforts so were are looking into a trailer tent or caravan.

Did Skoda make a detachable tow bar for the octavia if so do you have any pic's?

Thanks

Hi, I have a detachable tow bar for mine! What pics do you want? As you can't see mine (cos it's not attached!!!):P

Mine was factory fitted but I have no idea on cost.

Hi, I have a detachable tow bar for mine! What pics do you want? As you can't see mine (cos it's not attached!!!):P

Mine was factory fitted but I have no idea on cost.

I'm after a shot from behind without it it on just to get an idea of how much is in view and a shot from underneath to give me an idea on how much lower it may sit under the car. We have alot of speed bumps round here and I allready scrape the underneath of the car if i'm fully loaded so want to make sure that it wont scrape too.

Hi,

Had a standard bar fitted to mine no probs and no bumper cuts!, plenty of speed humps where I live but no probs with ground clearance, only got single electrics on mine, as I only cover reasonably small distances with my caravan, unless your going over 150 miles plus the second socket won't put much charge in your units battery.

Good luck with whatever you choose and happy camping!

Best regards

skud 1

mines oe skoda and in my garage waiting for fitting. The electrics fold up on a spring and the towbar swan neck just drops out.should be no sign of it when detached.

I've got an oe Skoda one on mine - only thing is I'm missing the bl**dy towball, and no one will sell me one!:mad:

You won't scrap your tow bar mate - I would be very surprised. I would advise one with a metal plate & fixed rather than a swan neck - I was always worried about smashing the bumper with a swan neck one on my Felicia.

I haven't ever had the second socket - and don't have a leisure battery - its not worth the hassle if your not using it very often.

I have a fixed one - works nicely as a parking sensor ;-) But mine is on an TDi estate, so there are less looks to worry about!

Mine's a TDi estate but I don't want a towball in sight. Why spoil a nice looking car (vrs or not)

This is what mine looks like on my MK1 Estate

Dscn5048.jpg

It should have been £400 fitted but got it reduced to £200 as part of the deal when I bought the car. I do like the way the power socket tucks away.

As you'll see it is removeable, albeit a spanner job, but personally I'm quite happy for it to be there as it acts as a first line of defence against the nutty Frogs who delight in sitting literally inches, or is that cms, behind you :D

I got my Bosal swan neck towbar from Towequipe. It is a fixed towbar but it doesn't look too bad. Plus points is that it is doesn't look conspicuous and it is a good parking sensor (I'm quite sure was used by my neighbour as a parking sensor looking at her cracked number plate) but the bad points are that I'm always hitting my shin on the towbar and if you forget to put the cover on you'll end up with grease on your trousers. It doesn't bottom out on speed mountains. There is some bumper cutting but unless you are under the car you won't notice.

Following a semi succesfull week of camping myself and the kids loved it although SWMBO prefers more creature comforts so were are looking into a trailer tent or caravan.

Thanks

Tell SWMBO she can't have a caravan all to herself and she'll just have to ruff it in the tent with the everyone else... :D

Tell SWMBO she can't have a caravan all to herself and she'll just have to ruff it in the tent with the everyone else... :D

I don't know, I quite like the idea of camping out with the kids and leaving her in the caravan (no nagging or elbows in my back overnight)