Couple of minor problems.

As mentioned finally got my new Fabia 1.4Tdi Sport, and have developed a couple of minor problems.

The radio has an intermitant fault, it loses all signal / stations after its been on for about 10 minutes, if you crank the volume right up you can hear something over the frying sausage sound, CD player is fine.

If you switch it off sometimes it returns to normal after about 10 minutes.

Did it twice yesterday but so far ok today.

Second problem remote boot release button on the door panel does nothing, can't get it to unlock boot with driver door shut / open - ignition on / off.

it glows red sometimes but does bugger all !:confused:

Will ring dealer tomorrow but has any one else had radio probs?

PS:- Loving the car, really refined cabin & ride compared to the Focus.

For the radio, press the TP button and try again...

For remote boot release press the button for more than 2 seconds... ;)

Edited by DGW
Redundant quote deleted.

Dave, I think you may be pushing the wrong button. My wife says I do it all the time! However, re your car...are you pressing the alarm tilt/sensor activation/deactivation button by mistake? This is mounted on the drivers door halfway down under the armrest trim. It, as the name implies deactivates the alarm tilt/cabin sensors if you are leaving your pet in the car for example. Re-check your manual just to be sure.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking, you beat me to it.

The release is on the key fob (middle button) and requires to be held for a couple of secs. to activate. Pop in the shopping, shut the tailgate and it relocks itself - handy. Not certain which grade this facility makes its appearance but it is certainly on the 3 grade. There is no interior remote tailgate release to my knowledge.

Edited by DGW
Rendant quote deleted.

Bassa, yea...we think alike. For you that should be a worry!!

The alarm sensor button is certainly on my Fabia '2' and I suspect on the '1' also. Infant is correct about the radio...the 'TP' button will probable reset and everything should be ok.

Davesnr, let us all know how you get on mate.

No worries there then Estate Man, it's purely a case of knowing the right buttons to press - just ask 'er indoors' to confirm my competence!

On second thoughts, best not.

Edited by DGW
Redundant quote deleted yet again

Thanks for the replies, button on the door is indeed an alarm tilt / motion sensor deactivation switch, although in my defence if you look on page 36 of the vehicle manual it does mention a luggage compartment door release button on the door then on page 40 a virtualy identical illustration is used for the interior monitor for the alarm.

Been trying to wade through the manual but it takes some 'understanding'

The radio has been ok ever since my post with reception a vast improvement on my previous Focus.

Although I have only 545 miles on the clock I am delighted with the car, every one who has riden in it has been impressed with the build quality and refined ride.

First fuel refill was 47.5 mpg going on actual miles driven and amount of fuel to brim it.

Regards,

Dave Snr.

Estate Man; You make sure that no-one else is pressing her buttons, perhaps it is time we had a domestic / problems thread.

Davesnr; Your comments on the manual are well founded I like many others I feel sure gave up in the end. It's best just for reference and then it is often obtuse. Some may find understanding it akin to her indoors or children.

[The manual does not make the ideal bedtime reading matter for sure, best used as an occasional dip in reference book.

If you have to czech up on something twice, does that count as a double czech? :D

Edited by DGW
Please don't use the quote facility for every reply!

Hi ive got the fabia 1.4 mpi and the warning light is on for the power steering, ive topped up (what a pain ) but it is still on the steering is heavy but when turning it gets really bad any ideas, ive looked at the forum and people say its electronic dont know, handy with cars but never come across this please help.

The power steering in an electro-hydraulic system if I remember rightly. It's light to use, but gives good feedback.

If you look in the manual, it provides decoding for the various warning lights. However, any warning light in that department has got to mean a prompt trip to the dealer. Steering is much too important to leave to chance.

I hope you get sorted.

when estate man says " if you leave your pet in car " does he mean girlfreind or dog ,ok to leave girlfriend in car but no-no leaving dog in car.