Help!! Can't get into reverse

i don't remember what the two cables do, but have a look in the engine bay. as you stand in front of car to the right a fair way down is the gear selector. Cable hasn't snapped or come off?

tried the clutch pumping thing,tried it with the handake on and off.

@mrmo if it snapped would i still be able to use the rest of the gears with no problem? i jacked it up and had a look but couldnt see any cable hanging. hope to god this isnt an expensive job

I had an issue with my gearbox a couple of weeks ago,i could only get 2nd and 4th

How long have you had your car? Is it under warranty still?

I was fortunate to still be covered ,turned out to be the gear selectors broke so got that done under warranty

But my clutch was 80% worn which didnt help so paid £200 for a new clutch

Get it in mate in case you start having trouble with any more gears,thats what happened to me,first i couldn't get 5th,then 1st and then next day couldnt get 3rd or reverse!

Just get it checked matey

ive had it since april, warranty was up 3weeks ago,have had no problems at all until today,i reversed out of the driveway grand and about 40 motorway miles later i pulled over to a shop and couldnt reverse out of the spot,had to push it! its going straight to the mechanic tomorrow!!hopefully its nothing serious,just amazed it has happened out of the blue with no hint of a problem occuring

• 1 month later...