Heat in the Cockpit (on feet)

Hi, I've got a 2002 RS

When I am driving around, I get the sensation that my feet are overly hot. I am renowned for wearing shorts all year round so can feel slight warmth coming from under the dash area? it's seems to be warmer than ambient air from outside?

Does anyone else get this?

When I put the auto function on the climitronic unit it turns immediately cold. admittedly I am one of these people who never read the manuals just get in out and play with. Also how do I get the cold air from outside coming in without fans or cooling effect. read manual today and does not make much sense.

Cheers Everyone

I'm not a fan of Climatronic things, as I'm a control freak who likes to make things do exactly what he wants, when he wants. This also perhaps explains why I'm not married.

However, my Climatronic seems to allow ambient air to blow in if you turn it on, set the temp to as low as poss, then turn it off. Further, if you set it to face or feet while it's on, it seems to keep whichever setting when you turn it off.

Not sure if any of that is actually what happens, though...

I think the closest you'll get to "untampered with" air is to set the temperature to "LO" (no heating) climatronic to "ECON" (no cooling). Never tried it, mind - it might decide it still knows best.