lumbar support

anyone know if the SE model will have lumbar support. I know the elegance will have it as i have seen pics of the side of the electric seats. i dont want leather and dont want silly alloys so will go for the SE but i need a lumbar support. Passat has one as standard. audi hav it on the options list but skoda - well the info is so crap who knows !!

Don't think the SE has lumbar support, as the information I have indicates that the seats in the Elegance are unique.

You can get lumbar support in the rest of Europe on SE-equivalent cars, but that's only because you can specify electrically adjustable seats without leather.

Probably best to get your dealer to ask the question to Skoda retailer support.

Bagpuss.

• 3 weeks later...

in the brochure. which arrived yesterday, under the Standard features for the S model it does state that the seats have driver and passenger lumbar. i would still like to see this in the flesh to confirm it though. what you are suggesting is that the elegance seats not only have a differnet finish but are a differnet shape. i am surprised as they are not listed as being different.

this factor is very important to me as i have a bad back. i will not buy until i have found one of each model to sit in !!

i will not buy until i have found one of each model to sit in !!

Wise move,

The MK1 Superb has two types of lumbar support:

The first (std on a Comfort) is operated by a round knob and just adjusts the lumbar by means of a cam adjustment, which is next to useless if you suffer with back problems.

The other one (Elegance ?) is electrically adjusted and very fine adjustments can be made, which is by far superior.

HTH.

The electric seats have contour adjustment as well as depth on the lumbar support. With the 3 memory pre-sets you can have slightly different settings for good or bad back days. The most comfortable seats I have had for a long while, worth putting up with the leather :).

I specified the seats for the Octavia Estate after sitting in a Suberb at the showroom.

JT

well supurbia i'm 6'4" tall and sat in an elegance spec superb yesterday and with the seat at the back i was strugleing to fully depress the clutch so yes plenty of leg room for us lanky gits. Bloody nice car

p.s. excuse the spelling

well supurbia i'm 6'4" tall and sat in an elegance spec superb yesterday and with the seat at the back i was strugleing to fully depress the clutch so yes plenty of leg room for us lanky gits. Bloody nice car

p.s. excuse the spelling

Na not the legroom I know its got plenty of that, it's the part of the seat you sit on that in most cars you can raise the front edge of it to bring the seat up to the back of your knees, unfortunately Superb 1 doesn't have this adjustment.

Elegance seats definitely allow you to raise the front of the seat cushion.

There doesn't appear to be any adjustment for this on the S and SE seats. I have now confirmed they the S and SE seats do have lumber adjustment, but it's only with a simple cam.

Bagpuss.

I have now confirmed they the S and SE seats do have lumber adjustment, but it's only with a simple cam.

Bagpuss.

Thats great news - it means when i buy the estate (s/h in approx 3 years time) it will HAVE to be an Elegance now :)

shame you cant get the half leather/alcantara seats in the elegance at that woudl suit me better. or sepc the electric seats in the SE !! why do they make it so complex. give me and audi options list with skoda pricing and i will be happy !!

shame you cant get the half leather/alcantara seats in the elegance at that woudl suit me better. or sepc the electric seats in the SE !! why do they make it so complex. give me and audi options list with skoda pricing and i will be happy !!

It's a trade off between price and flexibility. It just costs more to build a car with a greater variety of bespoke options. In mainland Europe, you do get that flexibility, but the car costs nearly £4000 more. I think I'll stick with what we've got.

Bagpuss.