Removed CAI today

Noticed the car has not been pulling quite as well since i fitted the ebay kit so its been put back to standard.

Since back to standard the car pulls so much better and runs better too. I also noticed there was a little dust in the TIP so beware of the filter.

I do miss the growl of the CAI but would rather the peace of mind that the car is running well and faster. IMO

My plan is to replace the standard filter at regular intervals and not even bother with a replacement performance one.

Edited by martziniuk

I did the same thing last week but opted for a pipercross panel filter in the OEM airbox.

I am glad you said the car pulls better, I felt this to but thought it may be in my mind. I was just too paranoid about the filter quality and possible water ingress which is why I swapped back.

You have all been told before .......lol

CAI = Noise not power.

Yes but i didn't think it meant a decrease. I did vag-com logs when i first got it and they were very slightly off what i got with standard setup.

Which CAI have you removed just out of interest?

It was the ebay one by maximumpowered.

My Octy pulls really well with my Carbonio,a lot better than the crappy air box im really happy with it

Maybe you was just unlucky and the filter you got with the Ebay kit was very poor giving you a reduction which was noticeable over standard

My Octy pulls really well with my Carbonio,a lot better than the crappy air box im really happy with it

Maybe you was just unlucky and the filter you got with the Ebay kit was very poor giving you a reduction which was noticeable over standard

Iirc Eddy H (http://briskoda.net/cars-sale/octy-4x4-eddyhs-old-one-460bhp-sale/109981/) did some research on a rolling road and the standard airbox came out tops. As you can see from the link eddy knows his stuff.

Iv read about his car before its very impressive ,in a different league to most peoples cars on here

Im sure he does know his stuff im just saying mine pulls better...thats all

Noticebly better IMO ,it might not be for others but mines alright

TBH i have owned several other cars and been in others which have had either CAI or replacement panel filters (k&n etc) on and my impression was they seem to bog down toward the higher rpm end.

I used to like the noise but i prefer performance. I should think the cotton panel one would be quite good :rolleyes:.