Will a 15" alloy go onto a vrs ?

RAJVK

As title really, have got 15" alloys on my fabia and thinking about fitting the standard vrs brakes to it, but I dont know if the alloy will clear the 288mm brake disc.

Or is it just better to get 16" and put 312mm discs onto it

15" should be fine, there's enough space left over with a 16" wheel on the 288mm brakes.

i wouldn't bother with upgrading to the 288mm set up as they are ****.

Thanks for the replys :thumbup: now I just need to decide if I am going to fit the 15" alloys and the 288mm or get some 16" and go balls out and get some 312's :rolleyes:

Bearing in mind it is just a 1.4 at the end of the day but I want really good brakes

Thanks for the replys :thumbup: now I just need to decide if I am going to fit the 15" alloys and the 288mm or get some 16" and go balls out and get some 312's :rolleyes:

Bearing in mind it is just a 1.4 at the end of the day but I want really good brakes

You'll need new hubs and new brake caliper carriers too. Unless you can somehow fabricate the right brackets. Anything smaller than the 288s has the carrier integral with the hub. 288s and greater tend to have separate carriers.

HTH

J.

One step a head of you there Vindaloo, i bought some used 288 calipers and carriers a while ago but just looking for some hubs now. I am sure the 288's along with a set of good discs and pads will stop me quick enough, and with no ABS the 312's may want to lock up a bit more often

For a 1400 the 288 setup will easily suffice IMO. Especially if you use decent fluid and some decent fast road pads with OEM discs.

What setup is it standard? 256?

Steve