Electrical problems

Meier

Hi guys .. Im a guy from Denmark ..but this seems to be the best place to ask Skoda questions so hope you don't mind :-)

My problems are related to the door lock it seems - these are the symptoms :

1: Open driver side door -> no cabin light on, no warning buzzer if light switch is on ( it is as it doesent register that the door is open ) ..but where is the contact or what could it be ??

2: Central locking acting weird - If i lock the doors with my wireless "device" all doors lock - but alarm is not on ..then i have to press the button a couple of times and the locks go up and down and the alarm comes on .. If i however use the key ..only the driver side door locks and the alarm can not be activated ...

3: The light in the luggage compartment stays on when the tailgate is closed ..

Hope some one can give me a clue as where to look - I have had the driver sides door opened to have a look at the lock and central control unit to see if any wires looked odd or if the unit looked like it had been wet ..but it doesent ...

Regards

Brian

Btw: I bought my octy a ordinar 1999,1.6 GLX 125k miles for 5000£ ..I just love the Danish Tax on Cars :-( ...

There is a micro switch which is part of the drivers door catch.

I suspect that you may have the same problem with the micro switch on the tailgate catch. The tailgate is telling the convenience system that it is open all the time and that could affect the way in which the locking system operates.

Thanks - I suspected this .. are there anyway to verify these things - via VAG .. or otherwise ? ..

I just found i guide here in forum on how to fix micro switches in the doorlock - might give that a shot an disamble it before getting a new one..

I suspect that you have two problems both with micro switches on the door catch and the tailgate catch. Start with the tailgate catch as you can physically see if the switch is getting activated by the mechanism.

You can go into measuring blocks in controller 46 using VCDS (VAG Com), which will tell you whether or not the controller has an open or closed status for the doors and tailgate. If the tailgate is closed and the controller thinks that it is open the tailgate micro switch is a good place to start.