Brake change DIY questions

kirk

Hello,

I've been reading through a bunch of threads on the forum about changing the brakes on a Mk1 Octy RS (2004), but I still have some questions before I dare attempt a DIY operation.

• What type of rewind tool is required for the rear brakes? These are the ones I've found in the local car repair warehouses, will any of them do?

12-1013_l.jpg19-1255_l.jpg765149.jpg

If not, could anyone post me a picture of the type of tool I require.

• Do I need to buy new bolts or springs, or whatever other accessories? At the moment I have new Zimmermann brake discs for all four corners and Ferodo DS 2500 pads with wear indicators. If anyone has the part numbers for whatever I need, please post them.

The middle kit would do it but a bit ott as you only need one size, I got a draper one for a tenner.

Bolts should come with the pads for the rears, if not you can reuse the exisiting as long as you locktight them.