Skoda or VAG independents?

Me-109

Not a meet but specific to the North East so thought this might be best placed here. So ....

Anyone know of any reasonable independent service places in the North East (ideally near Middlesbrough)?

I've got a Mk1 Oct 1.8T 20V heading near a service but I'm about to advertise it for sale as I have a company car not far from delivery, therefore I don't really want to spend a fortune on servicing it for little gain. It's a 2000W with 74K, so I can appreciate the buyer's comforts in getting a fully serviced car, but for the value of the motor I'm not sure how much more worth there is in getting it done by Slacks.

The cambelt/wp were done around 20K/18months ago so would not factor into this service.

What are your thoughts? Not bother with the service and knock the price down, or service it and try to recoup most of the cost through haggling less?

Elite Auto Services in Thornaby, Run by Phil who is an ex Audi technician.

I trust him more than the dealers and the prices are better, too.

He's in the estate behind the old teesside Audi building, if you head round behind Audi and take the second left there is a yard surrounded by business units, his is in the back corner with a small sign above the door saying "Elite" Tel: 07817847416

P.S. It's not me, it's a different Phil :P

Elite Auto Services in Thornaby, Run by Phil who is an ex Audi technician.

I trust him more than the dealers and the prices are better, too.

He's in the estate behind the old teesside Audi building, if you head round behind Audi and take the second left there is a yard surrounded by business units, his is in the back corner with a small sign above the door saying "Elite" Tel: 07817847416

P.S. It's not me, it's a different Phil :P

Yup mines been there too :)

• 2 weeks later...