1.8t injector issue

v_six

Hi, I wonder if you can help. I believe I have an intermittant problem with a single petrol injector. Sometimes the car runs normally and sometimes it only runs on 3 cylinders. I know which one it is and I have swapped plugs and coil packs to eliminate them. The same cylinder continues to be a problem. IS there an OEM injector I can buy or do I have to spend £100 on a new injector?

I have removed the injector and cleaned what I can. When I had the injector out if I hit it into my hand petrol seeped out and for a while it ran fine perhaps 90 miles without a problem, then it is intermittent again.

I also tried an injector cleaner in the fuel.

Any help appreciated.

Spec KS 110KW AGU '99 model.

Many thanks Steevie, I spoke to Nick, he doubted that it was the injector. I will swap two injectors over to see if the fault follows the injector (on his advice) If it doesn't than I have a slightly more serious problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, in desperation I eventually took the car to my local VW dealer. They ran a diagnostics which highlighted the injector, however instead of changing the injector they disconnected and reconnected the MAF. This wa something they had done in the past with V dubs and it works. It may not be a permenant solution but it has fixed my problem for now. Many thanks to all who tried to assist or showed an interest. I hope this post will be of some use.