vRS Self Revving

Hi

My Octavia II vRS TFSi is sounding really rough at tickover, if i didn't know better id say it was running on 3 cylinders but its fine above tick over. it then rev's its self to 1000rpm, it then hunts between 1k to 1.5k rev it and it holds the revs at 2000rpm by it self for a few seconds. the engine also jolts when you let off the throttle at around 2000rpm.

I normally run it on 97 or above octane fuel but i've been on holiday in newquay for a week and had to run it on 95 octane. while i've been there its been nothing but short trips and running alsorts off the battery. its been running perfectly till this morning and then i started it up again later on and it started with the above problem. i've just half topped the tank back up to full with Shell V-Power and drove 300+ miles home hoping it would sort it self out. apart from the above problem the car drove fine but the problem still exists.

has any one got any idea's before i book it into the dealers?

Cheers,

Dan

Sounds like its proper f*cked mate....take it to the scrapers ;)

Hi

My Octavia II vRS TFSi is sounding really rough at tickover, if i didn't know better id say it was running on 3 cylinders but its fine above tick over. it then rev's its self to 1000rpm, it then hunts between 1k to 1.5k rev it and it holds the revs at 2000rpm by it self for a few seconds. the engine also jolts when you let off the throttle at around 2000rpm.

I normally run it on 97 or above octane fuel but i've been on holiday in newquay for a week and had to run it on 95 octane. while i've been there its been nothing but short trips and running alsorts off the battery. its been running perfectly till this morning and then i started it up again later on and it started with the above problem. i've just half topped the tank back up to full with Shell V-Power and drove 300+ miles home hoping it would sort it self out. apart from the above problem the car drove fine but the problem still exists.

has any one got any idea's before i book it into the dealers?

Cheers,

Dan

I had similar on one of my previous Golfs and it was the coolant temperature sensor. The VW rescue guy turned up, plugged in his terminal, diagnosed the problem and disconnected the sensor. The car then ran fine until I got it to the dealer to get a new sensor fitted about a week later. Might be worth disconnecting the sensor and see if that cures your problem for now.

found the problem, the engine has once again snapped the mountings for the engine cover clean off, this time its took the oil filler with it so its now loose so the vacuum inside the rocker box is lost. hold the filler down and allow it regain vacuum and its fine. took the chimney bit off and put the oil filler cap straight on to the engine, added a litre of oil and its fine

booked in at the dealers next week to have the gear box out for another problem but they should look it at then i hope as there well aware of the problem