Clutch slip maybe???

STi69

Not sure if its clutch slip or traction control but noticed today that when i accelerated in 5th the revs seemed to flick up and down the rev range, the car appeared to accelerate ok.

If it is slipping can these be adjusted or do i need to replace the clutch.

Cheers

Paul.

Traction control flashes a dash light at you when it's operating so would be easy to confirm, though I doubt you would bring it on in 5th anyway.

Most likely the clutch needs replacing as they cant be adjusted. I think a new dual mass flywheel is included with the clutch kit. HTH

Traction control flashes a dash light at you when it's operating so would be easy to confirm, though I doubt you would bring it on in 5th anyway.

Most likely the clutch needs replacing as they cant be adjusted. I think a new dual mass flywheel is included with the clutch kit. HTH

Yeah, i think your right cos ive had the traction light on when boot it in low gears. Will get that sorted :thumbup:

The car has only done 65k, what is the average life on a oem clutch?

Cheers

Paul.

There is no direct adjustment on the clutch on the Octy. That said the hydraulic actuation means that they actually do self-adjust until they're worn out.

Sounds very much like a worn-out clutch (or an oil leak onto, in which case you need a new one anyway) to me.

As for "what is the lifespan"?, how long is a piece of string? ;) Despite driving some high mileage cars, neither my dad nor I have ever had to replace a clutch (or known of one be replaced within a few months of selling a car on), but I knew one old woman who went through a clutch every 3 months without fail.