Cat vision

sdenny

This subject has been covered in the past, but I'm looking to put a cat vision interior light out of a superb in to my Octy 1 vRS which has the dark headlining.

In this thread, swing posted this image:

SUB10114.jpg.

So it would appear that you can get them in black (or is it called onyx?). However, I need on without the sunroof switch, so I'm looking for one like below, but in black:

DSC01889.jpg

(Apologies to vRSPhil for stealing his image without asking.)

So, can any owner confirm that they have such an item, and does anyone know a part number?

Thanks,

Steve

Think from memory ( so proberbly wrong ) that the unit comes from a Passat aswell.

I think you're right as alot of people call this the W8 mod.

However, the passat ones appear only to be (light) grey or beige.

Thanks anyway

I have this on my B6 Passat Sport. As mentioned it does seem to bounce off any chrome parts in the centre console area.

It's not been particularily dark enough for me to experience the full effect but I think it's a cool feature.

The surround on mine is a light biege for reference.

a brilliant device in the dead of night trying to find the cigar lighter.....with a red finger pointing towards it ......pity the leds arent interchangeable with various colours to suit ones moood

An inch of black insulating tape has fixed this problem and was fitted on the second day of my ownership.

rotodiesel.

That implies your unit was black - is that correct? Did your car have a sun roof?

I'm still trying to work out if dark colored non sunroof units exist.

My Superb came with these stupid red LEDs which reflect in the gear lever kn0b and make the car look nauseating at night.

An inch of black insulating tape has fixed this problem and was fitted on the second day of my ownership.

rotodiesel.

There really is no pleasing some people.........:rolleyes:

I think he was just pointing out that he didn't like the Catvision.

And i think I was just asking (in the original post) whether a black/dark none sunroof version existed, not if it made any one sick!

:P

And i think I was just asking (in the original post) whether a black/dark none sunroof version existed, not if it made any one sick!

I am fairly confident that this part can be sourced in onyx as there were loads of guys on UK-MKIV's fitting these and those that had the Anni roof lining needed the onyx colour and sourced them, why not ring your local stealer and ask?

Yeah, sorry, I don't think I explained myself properly... :o

I was pointing out that I don't think he's got the darker headlining, just that he's stuck black tape over the LED's. Black in the sense that it'll stop the light as opposed to black to match the trim.

Every thing's better with hindsight, eh?

I am fairly confident that this part can be sourced in onyx as there were loads of guys on UK-MKIV's fitting these and those that had the Anni roof lining needed the onyx colour and sourced them, why not ring your local stealer and ask?

Thanks,

I may have to do that :( I just thought that there'd be someone on here who knew - Much more reliable than the stealer

I do remember seeing something along time ago about people painting them to match the Anni head lining as they were using the passat W8 one - and obv then, the switches illuminate red rather than green.

Yeah, sorry, I don't think I explained myself properly... :o

I was pointing out that I don't think he's got the darker headlining, just that he's stuck black tape over the LED's. Black in the sense that it'll stop the light as opposed to black to match the trim.

Every thing's better with hindsight, eh?

don't feel :o

I'd just hoped somebody would have know rather than sparking a debate about whether they were any good or not

:thumbdwn: to me for making you feel :o

The part is available in onyx, I remember the dealer reading the colour choices out when I was buying mine.

I wouldn't get a passat unit, the buttons light up red...

So yours was a Superb unit was it? Don't suppose you're got a part number?

(look what's the issue with remembering a 10+ random character string that you only saw once two years ago!!)

I'm glad I've seen this, as I was about to go and get a beige Passat W8 one, with a view to spraying it! I need a sunroof model anyway, so is there any info on part number and price for this?

Cheers,

Steve

I may have to do that :( I just thought that there'd be someone on here who knew - Much more reliable than the stealer

Not everything you read on forums is fact..........some stealers are pretty good but it all depends on where you go I guess, good luck.........:D