Cat vision

sdenny

So it would appear that you can get them in black (or is it called onyx?). However, I need on without the sunroof switch, so I'm looking for one like below, but in black:

So, can any owner confirm that they have such an item, and does anyone know a part number?

Ooooooh

Look what I just found (in this forum)

3U0947105F2EN.jpg

It would appear the part number is:

3U0947105 for 2EN Innenleuchte in perlgrau Interior lamp in pearl grey

3U0947105 4D5 für die 3U0947105 for the 4D5 Innenleuchte in ivory Interior lamp in Ivory

3U0687596 Einbaurahmen? 3U0687596 mounting frame?

[EDIT]: Bugger, and I've just realised neither of those are dark :(

Edited by sdenny

• 2 months later...

:bump:

I'm back on the trail of this again! So, does anyone kindly have the part number for the black/onyx Superb Catvision light with sunroof dial? Like the one at the start of this thread...

SUB10114.jpg

Or if someone could do some ETKA digging for me?

Cheers,

Steve

I'll persevere, but I'm stopping short of a general call to a Skoda Parts dept at the moment! Think that might be a step to far, to probably have to explain what I'm thinking of doing!

Steve

Well i've just been pointed in the direction of this thread...... I'm another who's wanting one of these in onyx but without the sunroof gubbins.

Might have a wander down to my local stealers parts dept to see what they can find on the system..... Were these only fitted on certain spec Superbs or on all of them?

Cheers

Dave.

I'm not sure either Dave, but would certainly go for it being on all Elegances as well.

Be interested to know how you get on, obviously :) Especially if they can source one and you can offer it upto the vRS headlining, to see if it's an acceptable match...

There's also some more info, possibly useful, on a thread I started in The Skoda Shop section:

http://briskoda.net/skoda-shop/superb-catvision-front-interior-light-sunroof-model-onyx/128594/

Steve

I'm not sure either Dave, but would certainly go for it being on all Elegances as well.

Be interested to know how you get on, obviously :) Especially if they can source one and you can offer it upto the vRS headlining, to see if it's an acceptable match...

There's also some more info, possibly useful, on a thread I started in The Skoda Shop section:

http://briskoda.net/skoda-shop/superb-catvision-front-interior-light-sunroof-model-onyx/128594/

Steve

Well i went in to Bickertons today as their parts guys are usually pretty good and i think they like a challenge. :D As noted above they only come in the cream and grey..... From the info we could find it looks like they were indeed standard on all Superbs. They also use 4 W5W bulbs rather than festoon bulbs.

The parts guy even found out an old Superb brochure so we could try and see how dark/light the grey one is but you couldn't really tell from the pictures in the brochure. He also even went checking that they didn't have a superb in stock or in for a service to check etc....

Now the bad news for you Steve....... The one with the sunroof controls is £78 with the other one being £48.

It does look though like it will be a case of spraying the unit into an onyx shade.

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Thanks for the info Dave. I was actually already prepared for the price, as David quoted a similar price in my Skoda Shop thread :(

Quite a bit of money for a light :rofl:

Dilemma is the Passat W8 sunroof model is around £50, and the only reason I was looking at the Skoda version is because it would avoid spraying it. So probably not going to go down that route now.

Does still leave the problem of the actual spraying though, and how not to coat the illuminated details as if they're covered in black the buttons etc won't be illuminated :rubchin:

Steve

Thanks for the info Dave. I was actually already prepared for the price, as David quoted a similar price in my Skoda Shop thread :(

Quite a bit of money for a light :rofl:

Dilemma is the Passat W8 sunroof model is around £50, and the only reason I was looking at the Skoda version is because it would avoid spraying it. So probably not going to go down that route now.

Does still leave the problem of the actual spraying though, and how not to coat the illuminated details as if they're covered in black the buttons etc won't be illuminated :rubchin:

Steve

I'm still liking the Superb one so as to keep the green buttons.

The first and only couple of things that spring to mind regarding spraying would be to spray the complete unit then very carefully scratch off the paint over the symbols that you want the light to come through....... If that makes sense??? Maybe do this after each coat. Or just as fiddly the obvious masking tape cut to perfectly cover the symbols...... Either way would seem to be a pain. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave.

I'm still liking the Superb one so as to keep the green buttons.

The first and only couple of things that spring to mind regarding spraying would be to spray the complete unit then very carefully scratch off the paint over the symbols that you want the light to come through....... If that makes sense??? Maybe do this after each coat. Or just as fiddly the obvious masking tape cut to perfectly cover the symbols...... Either way would seem to be a pain. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave.

Humbrol (model paints) do a paint on mask which rubs off after use.

:bump:

I'm back on the trail of this again! So, does anyone kindly have the part number for the black/onyx Superb Catvision light with sunroof dial? Like the one at the start of this thread...

SUB10114.jpg

Or if someone could do some ETKA digging for me?

Cheers,

Steve

Shush....you'll wake Roto up again :rofl::thumbup: