105 pd remap?

rongagain

Depends on how aggressive a remap you get. There are many different programs that can be installed. So I've been told.

I've just been to Automark not far from me in Stokesley, he seems to know what he's talking about. I'm getting mine (octi 140 tdi ) remapped on Saturday. Mark makes his own maps up to suit your needs, mine is for more MPG.

I'll let you know how it performs.

I'd shoot for the 145bhp option with the ever so slightly higher torque figure. a increase of 40bhp in itself wont give you clutch slip, unless its already a knackered clutch, already been replaced with a cheap recon clutch(why do eople do that?) or you drive badly ;)

The 170 map i've known to give people some bother if they already have a lot of miles on them, or they continually try to boot it while at low rpm. Diesels are not made for racing starts, but people keep doing it. I've also known a few folk with 1.9diesels running 170bhp that have had no bother. I assume its because they are better drivers han the others ;) On a personal note, i wouldn't jump as high as 170 without replacing the clutch for a stronger unit.

Thanks for the replies.

I think the 105 pd I have now is not as smooth at low revs as the 130 pd I had, does anyone else find this?

Would a remap smooth this out at low revs?

Car has 13k on it. So clutch shouldn't be worn hardly at all (unless the previous owner has given it a hard time:eek:)

p-torque.co.uk: price sounds good but to be honest never heard of you? :)Anybody got experience of p-torque.co.uk?

Thanks for the replies.

I think the 105 pd I have now is not as smooth at low revs as the 130 pd I had, does anyone else find this?

Would a remap smooth this out at low revs?

Car has 13k on it. So clutch shouldn't be worn hardly at all (unless the previous owner has given it a hard time:eek:)

p-torque.co.uk: price sounds good but to be honest never heard of you? :)Anybody got experience of p-torque.co.uk?

We've been on the forum for over a year :rolleyes:

Do a search for ''p-torque remap'' on yahoo or google etc etc and you'll find a huge amount of VAG customer reviews :thumbup:

I wasn't doubting your results p-torque :) I suppose Jabba, Revo et al tend to come to mind as they get the most mentions.

Why do most tuners seem to suggest 135ish bhp and you remap for higher (157)?

Q. Are all PD clutches the same? The 130 and 105 in particular?

I wasn't doubting your results p-torque :) I suppose Jabba, Revo et al tend to come to mind as they get the most mentions.

Why do most tuners seem to suggest 135ish bhp and you remap for higher (157)?

Q. Are all PD clutches the same? The 130 and 105 in particular?

Hi

Some tuners quote from 'magazine figures' rather than actual figures.

The VAG PD range will always pull higher figures. For example, 130PD models will always pull between 140 and 150bhp, not 130 :thumbup:

The clutch is the same, and is good for 300 lbs/ft. Any more than this and an uprated clutch is recommended

257bhp is going some .......... I feel cheated :(:(:(:(:( :)

look at the curve, not the numbers, the gains are pretty much spot on for what P-Torque claim based on before and after dyno runs.

On Brisky you seem to fins Jabba / Revo get a lot of mentions, but other sites you find a hell of a lot of good reviews for P-Torque. I have had 2 x TDi's tweaked by them.

257bhp is going some .......... I feel cheated :(:(:(:(:( :)

look at the curve, not the numbers, the gains are pretty much spot on for what P-Torque claim based on before and after dyno runs.

On Brisky you seem to fins Jabba / Revo get a lot of mentions, but other sites you find a hell of a lot of good reviews for P-Torque. I have had 2 x TDi's tweaked by them.

:rofl:

Just realised I typed 257bhp instead of 157bhp :o I'll change it

Hi

Some tuners quote from 'magazine figures' rather than actual figures.

The VAG PD range will always pull higher figures. For example, 130PD models will always pull between 140 and 150bhp, not 130 :thumbup:

The clutch is the same, and is good for 300 lbs/ft. Any more than this and an uprated clutch is recommended

My Bora 130pd has done 28,000 miles from new, and has an Oettinger remap (Rolling roaded at 281lb/ft) and has started slipping after only 5,000 miles...

Maybe the standard clutch is capeable of 300lb/ft, from brand new and with a much reduced lifespan.

There are so many different factors to it - How someone drives (Nursing the clutch / Doing standing starts and ragging the car all the time), How heavy the car is (i.e. Bora / Fabia) and loads of other things!

My Bora 130pd has done 28,000 miles from new, and has an Oettinger remap (Rolling roaded at 281lb/ft) and has started slipping after only 5,000 miles...

Maybe the standard clutch is capeable of 300lb/ft, from brand new and with a much reduced lifespan.

There are so many different factors to it - How someone drives (Nursing the clutch / Doing standing starts and ragging the car all the time), How heavy the car is (i.e. Bora / Fabia) and loads of other things!

Completely agree, although I am sure that members allowed for me quoting the figures on a healthy clutch. Sachs rate the clutch 300lbs/ft

We have produced software to achieve 310lbs/ft (at the customers request) and that was fine on a stock clutch, however, others will slip at 265lbs/ft.

Mileage, and how the transmission is loaded plays a big part. Labour the engine in higher gears at low revs, and this will strain the clutch alot more.