car crashed

speedy1

My wife had an accident in our octavia on friday. Apparently she went through a puddle and then the car just flew sideways into the kerb. Must of been a big shunt as the side airbag went off. so far we have had 2 theory's 1) hi speed blow out (both tyres were blown) 2) car aquaplaned into kerb then tyres went.

Damaged 2 alloy wheels 1 beyond repair £157.67 each

seat cover (for the airbag) £259.75

Airbag itself 192.58

Suspension unknown (insurance nominated garage haven't looked at that yet) all i can say is thank god for insurance. On the positive side all the cars safety features worked and she was fine. Just thought i would mention what happened as i hope to save someone else the cost. if you see a puddle and it's safe to do so slow down a bit and try to go around it. I will be from now on!

Tom

If you hit standing water there will be a lot of drag.

If only two wheels are in it then the car will effectively be turned that way - in this case towards the kerb which would have caused the wheel and tyre damage and possibly bent some suspension components

yes i'm sure weve all gone through them and felt the whole car pull to the left. normaly however the car does go through but i'm sure that depends on how your holding the wheel at the time ie 1 handed:eek: which she never does and also how deep the puddle is and of course speed.

Thats true you can never tell wht a puddle is hiding, plus having all that water potentially going up into the engine is not so desirable.

Glad everyones ok thought, like other peeps have said its only a piece of metal at the end of the day

found one friday night hit it head on at about 50mph i soon came down to a few mph in less than a second (and washed the van with dirty water at same time) certainly glad it was straight across the road and i had hit it head on as if it been on a corner i think the van would have been a bit crunched.