Cloned key not working 100% (fault low signal)?

Hi a few months back i had to get a copy key for my mk1 Oty and ever since it dosent work on the first turn however the original skoda key works first time everytime, its like the car is checking the data on the cloned key.

I took the car for a diagnostic test and the garage said that when they put the cloned/copied key in the fault they were getting was "Low Signal" then when they put the original skoda key in there was no codes they did say that they cloned key works after taking it out 3 times then the car starts without any fault codes, they told me that they havent come across this before and told me to go back to the person who cut they key, but he is away abroad until october :mad:.

Can someone give any pointers as to what would be causing the low signal as all the data on the cloned key is a 100% perfect match to the original.

I just cant get my head around why the copied key dosent work then after 3 attempts its fine, its just a pain.

Could it be where the chip in the copied key is located, just seems strange.

Thanks for any help on this guys.:thumbup:

Justin.

Got it sorted in the end it was because the chip in the cloned key couldnt get a full signal out because of the thick rubbery plastic handle it was in, I have removed the chip from the cloned key and fitted it into my original skoda key which had the chip that was corrupt and it works fine now.

My original key can be opened up and is only thin plastic as such the signal from the key is now not weak.

At least we now have 2 working keys that start the car first time everytime.

May be useful to know if anyone else has a similar problem.