Aldi Bluetooth head Unit

cjb

Just bought and fitted a H/U Aldi have on offer- £49.99. Does bluetooth handsfee and streaming from phone. The streaming has a bit of background noise, everything else seems good. It does MP3 from USB or SD, if that's your thing.

Had to hack a bit out the back of the dash (as I think others have here), and swap the live feeds in the harness.

Hi mate, what is the sound quality like compared to the standard head unit? I was thinking of getting this one tomorrow for my Fabia vRS.

I dont know whether i should go for it or not, it looks like a good buy even with the 3 years warranty. The only thing is that i have heard that sometimes it does save your settings, but i take it that has to do with the wiring as you have mentioned.

Is it easy to install? How long did it take you to fit it?

Have you got any pics of how it looks fitted?

Cheers

It took me an hour and a half, I'd say. Biggest problem is having to cut a support at the back of the hole- on the right-hand side, near where the cables come through. Second biggest problem is swapping the red and yellow wires in the wiring loom so the memory works properly- but I was expecting that. 5 mins with a small screwdriver.

Much of the time was spent working out why it wouldn't sit flush. No potos at present, will get some tomorrow.

I'm very pleased for £50.

Here's a link: Bluetooth Car CD/MP3 Radio (2413)

You might have problems getting the original unit out....

As far as sound quality- better than the OE unit, about the same as the 10 year old Pioneer that was in my car after I got sick of the Symphony.

Thanks for the link.

Does this head unit support ID3 tags from the mp3s on the SD card?

Would i be better off buying one of those iso connector things, to save me having to swap the wires around? Or would that not make any difference?

I'm just finding out as much info as i can before i go ahead and buy it and try to install it. So i can hopefully get it right and not end up with a flat battery or anything like that the next day.

You might have problems getting the original unit out....

Haha, thats the easy part!! Aldi are usually alright, although I don't think I'd want a head unit from there. Sounds a bargain though if the sound quality is good :)

Haha, thats the easy part!! Aldi are usually alright, although I don't think I'd want a head unit from there. Sounds a bargain though if the sound quality is good :)

Well, it's obviously not high-end ICE, but It's plenty good enough for in the car, and a bargain proce.

Thanks for the link.

Does this head unit support ID3 tags from the mp3s on the SD card?

Yes, according to the manual. Not tried it- I don't really do MP3.

Would i be better off buying one of those iso connector things, to save me having to swap the wires around? Or would that not make any difference?

I've never seen why people by adaptor leads in VAG cars- the connectors there *are* ISO. It took me 5 minutes to swap the leads in the loom supplied with the unit.

I'm just finding out as much info as i can before i go ahead and buy it and try to install it. So i can hopefully get it right and not end up with a flat battery or anything like that the next day.

Don't blame you. For me the hardest bit was getting it to physically fit.

there was a new LIDL opened up here a couple weeks back and they had something similar for £39.99 or u could get 1 without Bluetooth for £24.99 both had sd and usb slots

there was a new LIDL opened up here a couple weeks back and they had something similar for £39.99 or u could get 1 without Bluetooth for £24.99 both had sd and usb slots

Must have been a special- The Lidl around here had them at £79.99 with bluetooth. I was tempted even then...

• 1 month later...
Must have been a special- The Lidl around here had them at £79.99 with bluetooth. I was tempted even then...

I've got one of those.

Works nicely in my old Saab, and when in a month or two I find my self a nice Octie 1 L&K I will be fitting it to that.

I had one of the Aldi/VR3 ones in an old rangie when I bought it off ebay. The Lidl one sounds much better, bluetooth handsfree and A2DP work excellently with my old HTC trinity and my new Samsung Omnia, the USB and sdcard slots are great. And the tuner is pretty sensitive. Sounds quality is better than the antique old Philips/VDO unit that was fitted when I bought the car, and when new that was a pretty high end unit.

I've had 2 Aldi and a Lidl stereo in a few different cars, all running sound systems too. No problems although the Aldi ones seem slightly better quality.... Obviously not as good as a really expensive stereo but unless you want to spend £400+ they are as good.