door control unit octavia

tonnoir

Hi

does anyone know how to remove the door control unit from rear drivers side door. Have central locking fault on that door only and think the unit may be the problem.:confused:

tonnoir.

What exactly is the problem. I had a central locking fault on mine that was fixed by disconnecting the battery for about 10 mins.

I have a 2001 Octavia 1.9 TDI.

The central locking has stopped working only on the drivers side rear passenger door.

My CL is by key not a remote. The electric window works ok both with the switch on the door and with the console on the drivers door. Also when I lock the drivers door and keep the key to the left the window on the passenger door closes, as it should do.

Remove the window regulator with it attached and then unscrew it from the regulator. Check for broken wires where they go through the door and B post first.

Sorry to but in here ;) whats the easiest way to check for broken wires, through the B pillar.

I too have problems with my passenger rear door not locking and same as you i have key locking not remote.

Hope you ge it sorted.

• 1 month later...

Fordfan

have narrowed prob down to what I think is the door lock itself. Do you have a how to for replacement of the lock. Also, as the door no longer opens at all, how do I get it open. I already have the door card off.

thanks

tonnoir.

Another common Skoda problem. I had a problem with the rear driver side door not opening. The Scoda would not tell me how they did it but they neatly pulled the door panel off. The screws are in the end of ther panel, it looks like they hooked something around the panel edges, the screws should come of complete with the spring clips that they screw into.

• 3 months later...

Tonnoir,

Did you get over the problem of opening the locked door. I have a the same problem with my 2002 Octavia. The central locking is not working on the rear passenger door and the door is locked shut. I already have the door card removed but how do I go about opening the door from here? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

unfortunately my brother (mechanic) had to break the lock mechanism from the inside. Only then and with a few bangs on the outside of the door did it open. We replaced the lock mech which was faulty but when we closed the door the new lock mech deadlocked.

We got it open by gently banging on and around the area of the lock on the outside of the door. When we closed the door again and locked it, the lock has worked fine ever since. Apparently the lock has to align itself with the CCU which is why it did not deadlock the 2nd time we locked it.

Tonnoir.