ODB II software...

Funkoid

I know its technically off topic but i'm hoping somebody may shed some light!

The rents have a rover 75 which i believe to have an ODB II socket on it, from a quick look around my generic/vag-com/ebay cable should do the trick i just need the right software.

Has anyone done this before?

Ideally I'm after resetting the service light which I'm aware can apparently be done via shorting pins, I just thought using a cable and software would be a little tidier!

I think i'll investigate ODB-Diag but are there any specific to rover/mg like there are for the vag group?

IIRC, the non canbus version of vagcom/VCDS does not support generic functionality. Why not have a search for a mg/rover fourm and look there as they will know all of the ins and outs of the 75

I have an EODB (ODB-II) hand scanner with full functionality, generally you can read and clear codes and see live data - that's all. Each mfr has their own way of resetting service lights.

My vag-com also has an obd-ii section but never tried it.

Been down the route of looking for EODB/ODB-II software to use with vag-com cable - you can't. Vag-com cable is specific - not just a generic ODB interface cable.

If near midlands PM me.

Greg