Advice About Phoning Skoda

If you phone Skoda UK they will almost certainly tell you that there is no common fault with leaking doors on Fabias. That's what they told me and the reason why I started a poll on this forum last year which I think revealed that about 90% of those who responded had been imagining the water running into the inside of their cars!

Good luck.

Write instead, send it recorded delivery. When you get a response it will be written, they can deny anything said in a call.

As per the post of ExAudiSi, they will deny the fault is common/known. I even have a letter from them stating there is no known defect with leaking doors (even though A) there is a mod kit for the doors, B) they know all about it, C) it is as common as the cold)

Edited by HotVRs

Been in the same situation recently with O/S/R leaking door which was also approaching 12 months outside of warranty.

E-mailed Skoda UK CS with the problem (and my disgust) and as previous responses say "they were totally unaware of the problem". Yeah, right!

Anyway, to cut a long story short they agreed to refund the inspection charge (to confirm what the problem was) and the door was fixed. All done through goodwill - which is nice.

Wasn't easy though, had to send dozens of e-mails and ended up arguing with the CS Manager after they tried going back on their word of a full refund. As they say, if you don't ask...........!