Feeler - Ponderosa - Horseshoe pass meet?

fluffmeister

Well, I organise trips to germany and plenty of meets for the bike club, so why not have a bash at doing it here, if there is / was enough interest?

I have got 2 idea's buzzing round in my head.

Idea 1

Meet at Ponderosa Cafe on the Horseshoe Pass for morning coffee / bacon buttie. Then go for a drive through North Wales, stopping off for drinks / photo's / lunch.

Idea 2

Christmas Briskoda Family Run

Meet at the Ponderosa Cafe for coffee, short drive down into llangollen to the Santa Express Steam Train. Take the Santa Express, head out for a short drive somewere for food and then final meet and dispersal.

The Venue would be good for the Welsh folk, and Ideal for those of us over the border, like myself, in the North West.

ponderosa details - Welcome to the Horshoe Pass & The Ponderosa cafe Complex.

Santa Special train - Santa Specials

Nothing definate, not even dates, but just looking for any interest.

Cheers

Fluff'

I'd be interested in Idea 1 Tony, clearly dependant on what dates look possible.

Good idea. It's been a while since there was an organised N. Wales run - 2005 I think was the last one?

Cheers,

Steve

A Saturday trundle could work for me - if it's one of the weekends I'm around at home...

Maybe also worth putting a link to here, on the NW Meets section as well?

Steve

Hmmm - for obvious reasons, the horseshoe pass still fills me with dread! :rofl:

If you keep mentioning it, people will keep remembering :D

I wasn't even there but know all about it! ;)

Steve

I've always been a bit edgy on the 'pass on a bike but its not as bad as the Berwins!! I'm not good with heights...

I'm up for a meet if the dates right but I will be vRSless by this weekend - so would I be welcome with a mate in his CRX? The two seater elec roof version - yes, its a girls car but it goes alright!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rick

I am going to have to look at doing it in the new year. There is a delay in this project that I am working on over in Hamburg so I don't have any free weekends now.

It's not scrubbed, because of the level of interest. I think what is best is that I will look at possible early new year dates, and maybe organise it as a post chrimbo turkey purge ;)

I have got some free time on Monday so I will propose some dates for January and check opening times for the Ponderosa.

Sorry folks :o

No worries Tony, thanks for the update. Will be a good time in Jan, always need something to look forward to! And it's not really that far away either :eek:

Steve