Timing chain....no cambelt

was recently told that my Skoda dosent have a belt , but a chain....could this be where all the rattling noise is coming from ? my temperture gauge only goes up to the half way mark when idling...sonn as im moving it goes all the way down.

Is it the water pump making the racket :confused::confused:....is there anyway I can find out what the engine noise is all about with out having to remove and re place timing chain ?

Is your car a 1.4 mpi by any chance? if so it does have a chain & not a belt, it also means you've post this thread in the Fabia II section. You will get a better response in the Fabia I section. How many miles on the clock?

Bet it's the 1.4 MPI. Concerning Fabia's 1, 2 and 3, Fabia 2's are the facelifted Fabia 1 version and really this section should be Fabia 3 area.

TH

so is a 1 or a 2.....I know its not a 3..it has Air con, all electric windows, heated mirrors, etc

1.4 mpi (multi point injection) 8 valves, chain drive to the camshaft, this unit is a Skoda engine not a VW. The chain could be worn after 100k, the early models did suffer with coolant problems, the temp sensor could be faulty, if the water pump was failing I would expect the temp to rise and the fan cut in.

Not really, As I said some of the early engines suffered from coolant problems, Search for info on the cam chain and see what comes up. If one of the moderators can move this into Fabia I you might get some more suggestions.

Bet it's the 1.4 MPI. Concerning Fabia's 1, 2 and 3, Fabia 2's are the facelifted Fabia 1 version and really this section should be Fabia 3 area.

TH

For simplicity the Fabia areas are

Fabia 1 - Mk1 including facelift (which I class as the 1.5)

Fabia 2 - Mk2

Mk2 Includes all 1-2-3 whatever trim level they are, it saves us having an elegance forum, classic, bohemia, L&K etc etc if you see what I mean.