coilpacks

Gichin

Hi ,

I was wondering when Skoda stopped fitting the faulty coilpacks on the Ocatvia ?

I got my 1.8T in March this year , but the car had been at the dealer for a while - some guy ordered it as a company car then refused to accept it as he said it wasn't the right spec .As a result I got a great discount;) , but looking at my service book today I noticed that the original delivery date was supposed to be 19 September 2002- so which coilpacks do you reckon I have ?

Welcome to the fingers-crossed-and-hope-none-of-them-fails-before -I-change-the-car club :) My car was registered in May 2001 - right in the middle of the bad batch run.

I was chatting to the mechanic who serviced my car last week, and he showed me the dead vRS they've had in the workshop for a couple of weeks, waiting for a new coil pack. Still, if rumours are to be believed, the supply situation (and the price) are rapidly improving.

Thinks... must order a spare to keep in the toolbox.

I'm actually a bit confused as to when my car was made - as I said earlier the dealer had it in the stock room as the other guy refused to take it , today I was reading an earlier thread about coilpacks here on Briskoda with a link to a site that decodes the chassis number - put mine in and it comes up as being a 2003 car :confused: - but as I say the original delivery date in the service book (which is tipexed out ) says the 2002 date - is there any other way to determine when a car was manufactured ?