BMC installed pics and questions

jasc1988

Just fitted my BMC along with Samco hosing i got from another member, i turned the MAF round the other way as the cabling was not long enough (the flow way is still correct however)

the hose at the front is connected to a PD160 trumpet, and the samco hosing is 83mm - which you can probably read :rofl:

here are my pics....

25641.attach

25642.attach

25643.attach

25644.attach

25645.attach

Now i have a few questions for anyone in the know.. my friend runs one of these on his car and the roar it gives off is unbelievable compared to mine...

his spec - hybrid, fmic, miltek + sports cat,

my spec - OEM turbo, smic, magnex cat back, egr bypass, ccv mod,

anyone got any ideas?? is it down to the turbo? his gives off a real roar :(

also what should i do with the hose that comes from the original airbox? tape it up?

heres a pic of his install

bmccda002.jpg

bmccda001.jpg

his hose (red/orange) is a bit more flexible than the samco and his has a bracket holding it down which mines doesn't... also as you can see his air hose is a bit loose??

cheers

Edited by jasc1988

Wouldn't be down to the decat Jase would it ?

Looks a nice neat install though. :)

duno mate im running the OEM cat and my mate has the Celi 100 sports cat from miltek - it isnt really the exhaust note as i think my Magnex is slightly louder that way its the engine / induction note...

Now im wondering if its the Hybrid that does this or the fact i need a bracket as mines is probaly shaking all over the place :rofl:

and yeah i am mr neat - has to be that way lol :thumbup:

decat makes a big difference to noise, trust me.

I had a cat back and it wasnt a lot different,

Now with the cat out and a remap it is silly loud above 3.5k and when warmed up.

Liking the BMC

You need a breather filter on the pipe from the airbox mate.

breather filter??

what is it for anyway that pipe??

Jase where abouts did you get your air feed from beacause at the moment i'm running the standard BMC one and want somehting a bit more flexible. And I agree with you about the noice, not what I was expecting.

black tubing / air pipe ... just standard bmc spec i think, theres some on ebay...

and the blue silicon pipe is just 83mm samco hose with a few jubilee clips :thumbup:

Jas, looks sweet. Nice and neat intake pipe. Do you know what diameter that is, and is is just insulation tape that you used to fit it to the PD160 trumpet? I have just got a PD160 trumpet, but am not willing to pay £55 for the plastic PD160 pipe, so am looking at alternative methods of connection to the airbox.

Jas, looks sweet. Nice and neat intake pipe. Do you know what diameter that is, and is is just insulation tape that you used to fit it to the PD160 trumpet? I have just got a PD160 trumpet, but am not willing to pay £55 for the plastic PD160 pipe, so am looking at alternative methods of connection to the airbox.

yeah its connected just to a 160 trumpet, im guessing the pipe is around 80mm

it was a tight fit but i connected it to the trumpet with self emalgamating tape first then sealed it off with insulating tape :thumbup:

Jasc - It looks like the yellow fabia needs to have some more tape around the 160 trumpet.... Looks slightly broken - Maybe you can pass the message on?

Cheers -

Rob

yeah lol :rofl:

those pics were from a while back when he first got it - all sorted now though :thumbup: