.:Java

Robshaw

Hello all,

Tell me - what Java websites are out there?

I have been searching google for a while and not found anything to my 'basic knowledge'

I'm just starting to make if statements and for loops - I have also just found out how to make a canvas and shapes.

I would like a website to view some code and examples please -

Many thanks,

Rob

java.sun.com and their tutorials is always a good place.

FWIW most of the examples on the web are not of what I would call a good quality and many are bodged examples rather than clean ones. I would say the Sun tutorials are an exception there. There are other good ones out there too (Some IBM stuff etc)

What type of java ? Jscript ?, J2EE? Beans ? etc etc ?

JAVA_VERSION=1.6.0_07

JDK 6 Update 10 with Java EE

That's the current version I'm using - I have been looking at Java sun already... I was just trying to get a few more ideas and other sites..

Thanks for the help guys. Wardy - Look forward to hearing from you soon. :thumbup:

Edited by Robshaw

Try Java SE first rather than starting with EE as it brings in factories and goodness knows what else that you don't need when you're learning it.

Also any books etc for java 1.4.2 and 1.5 might well be incorrect for java 1.6

Edited by cheezemonkhai