Vibration when full lock applied

When my Skoda Superb has warmed up whenever I put the full lock on (to park etc) I have a horrible grating noise come out of the area around the passenger side front wheel, sounds like the fan is hitting a bar, I had the belts, pump,damper all replaced service, CV boot kit...........over £700......and the noise is still there, mechanic now says I need bracket and roller replaced, does anyone know what this problem is

When my Skoda Superb has warmed up whenever I put the full lock on (to park etc) I have a horrible grating noise come out of the area around the passenger side front wheel, sounds like the fan is hitting a bar, I had the belts, pump,damper all replaced service, CV boot kit...........over £700......and the noise is still there, mechanic now says I need bracket and roller replaced, does anyone know what this problem is

Sound like a CV joint to me! I take it the CV gater was spilt when you had it replaced? good chance the CV joint ran dry and its knackered although would have expected your mechanic to pick that up!

Noise happens when moving, first started when I did a U turn on wide A road, sounded like something gave way or snapped, work done by mechanic has lessened this noise but still sounds like it is falling to bits when reversing into a parking space, only seems to do it when car is warmed up

Sound like a CV joint to me! I take it the CV gater was spilt when you had it replaced? good chance the CV joint ran dry and its knackered although would have expected your mechanic to pick that up!

That was my first thought too. Is there any kick back from the steering when it happens (might be hard to tell with PAS)?

No Kickback as such, can't feel it through the steering wheel, hear and feel it from passenger wheel arch area, mechanic says it is fan belt slipping when full lock is on because pump can't turn (I am not particularly au fait with mechanics) at that point hence the new bracket and roller that weren't replaced when the damper was replaced..........now worried this extra work won't fix the problem

No Kickback as such, can't feel it through the steering wheel, hear and feel it from passenger wheel arch area, mechanic says it is fan belt slipping when full lock is on because pump can't turn (I am not particularly au fait with mechanics) at that point hence the new bracket and roller that weren't replaced when the damper was replaced..........now worried this extra work won't fix the problem

I'd guess Lummox is right then.