[idea] Bristol mini-meet

DaveHarries

Hi,

Something which might interest Bristol area Briskodians who have a taste for 10-pin bowling.

The former JobCentre down on Nelson Street, central Bristol is in the course of conversion to a 10-pin bowling place. It is my intention to try and fix a meet-up when I have the opening date for it. More info will be posted ASAP in a separate thread but my hunch is that it won't open for business until January.

Dave

could be a good idea but, I don't think we have enough locals to bristol for an evening in the week, so would be best trying Friday Saturday or Sunday and then it is very likely to be busy at the bowling.

Keep me posted though as I would like to come along :thumbup:

Id be up for a meet

I am in bristol till my lass finnishes uni in May.

I am up home this comin weekend so goin to one up there as its the first time Ive been to a meet.

I am near fishponds, northeast bristol. I like the idea of cribbs, what about the Vue cinema car park??

Hi all,

I am glad to see that there has been some interest in my meet-up idea. The only hitch is that I haven't got a car and the only one I might stand any chance of using would be my Dad's 307. However he complains so much about the mileage done and the amount he spends on fuel each week that, as I live closer to Sea Mills than Longwell Green, getting there would be impossible because the chances of my Dad lending me the 307 to go there would be nil! :mad: :mad:

Therefore I am stuck with using the buses and that, in turn, would confine me to Avonmeads albeit with a bit of a walk at the Avonmeads end. The sooner I get my own car the better but I don't think that is going to happen for a few months yet. And that is why I suggested this new place in central Bristol. If we intend to do it at Longwell Green then I would be able to dodge a ride to Longwell Green in my Dad's car because my parents will be in Turkey for a week but that won't be until the end of March. :mad:

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just thinking back to this, two things:

1. The new bowling place in Central Bristol is now open. Doesn't look too bad, but only has 5 bowling lanes. Website:

Bowling

2. If we persist in using Longwell Green or Avonmeads then the best time for this, in my diary, would be between 10th - 16th April inclusive, preferably in the evenings, because access to a car will be easier.

Any ideas for dates here?

Dave

if its an evening id say avonmeads is goign to be your best friend for parking :orb_cool:

longwell can get mad and force you to park in the underground bit lol

and bad things can happen underground lol

if im free i shall show my face ,:orb_lol: sorry,

it comes with my unskilled bowling body lol

if its an evening id say avonmeads is goign to be your best friend for parking :orb_cool:

longwell can get mad and force you to park in the underground bit lol

and bad things can happen underground lol

if im free i shall show my face ,:orb_lol: sorry,

it comes with my unskilled bowling body lol

you got nowt to worry about with the underground parking, its a good thing especially if its raining :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...