Central locking clicking, but still locked

I have an 03 Octavia 1.9TDi Elegance Estate where the central locking clicks. The car is just parked up on my drive and locked. This morning the battery is flat and has been a couple of times prior to this. Had the battery and charging checked on a previous occasion at the local garage and both measured fine, admittedly after an overnight charge.

Would a battery not holding a charge start the central locking solenoids clicking (low cost solution) or something shorting in the electronics (probably central locking and expensive).

Temptation is to buy a new battery and hope it fixes it, but could be wasted money

I take it you mean the central locking doesn't work on the plip?

If you can get in on the key lock, and get the car started, take it to a reasonable local garage. They'll test the battery for you on the understanding that they get the business if you need a new one.

Took the car to a local garage and booked it in for Monday morning. Mechanic believes it is a faulty solenoid. Even thought it might be the off-side passenger door. Said Passats had loads of these faults. But.......Had a Passat for 3 years(120Kmiles), a Superb for 3 years (132K miles) and own 2 Fabias and an Octavia and this is the first sign of problems. What can I say, but I am very very Skoda.

Tried to take out the fuse, as per owners book. Does not match. In the end found the right one by trial and error.