Temporary tooth fillings

Aspman

I lost a filling a few days ago and I can't get an appointment at the dentist until the 7th of January.

I'm not in any pain but I do have a fecking great hole in my tooth :thumbdwn:

I've seen that you can buy temporary tooth cement from Boots etc. Any one ever used this stuff? Does it come out easily when you go for a real one?

I was thinking about it just to keep the hole clean.

I had a temporary filling put in by a dentist, when i went for the proper one following a rather bad root canal he just drilled it out, i would imagine he would just do the same. I also had to stuff the hole with little balls of cotton wool that i changed twice a day to keep the hole clean, Sound weird but you dont notice it.

Guessing they'd drill it out like their own temp filling.

Have you got an NHS hospital with an emergency dentist near you? If so they will do a patch up for you.

There is a dental hospital in Dundee but I'd have to take the day off on the chance of getting something done. If I was in pain I'd do it.

I might get one of the packs and give it a go. I mean 'DIYdentistry' what could go wrong?