HOWTO : Get rSAP working with the Columbus RNS510 using a

Alien8d

My BT HTC S620 still won't sync the phone book onto my Columbus with the BT_SAP add in, all it recognises is that its a headphone connection, any ideas?

It's OK I sussed it now which is pretty embarassing

Forgot that the phone stores numbers inthe phone itself and not on the SIM so I had to copy them across.

All Hunky Dorry now except that the SIM can't handle long names, well either that or the copy from phone to SIM is crap

Edited by erniem
sussed out the problem

Hi Guys,

I was able to get my tytnII working with the columbus without a problem. The only problem i have is the fact that when i turn off the telephone....it can't find my tytnII anymore and i have to remove it form the Bluetooth list in the phone and pair again....that it works....as long as i don;t turn of the phone....it works like heaven.....

Anyone have any idea if this RSAP program solves this problem???

I also have the problem that the phone turns of visibility of bluetooth everytime i trn off bluetooth....is there a way the have this option ON all time time....

Thanx!

Hi Guys, to give an answer to my question above.....yes....the phone works now, even when i put it off and on again....no new pairing etc. :thumbup: The only question i have now is....how to disable the notification of the program that it is connected....because the car already tells me....is there a wat to disable that?

Thanx!

• 1 month later...

Probably - I've never tested it, but the solution should work on that too.

Out of interest why are you running WM5 ? Nearly all WM phones should have an upgrade available to WM6(.1), and if it's an HTC phone, you can get free ROM updates from the XDA developers website.

I use a HTC Touch HD with the most current ROM-Version. I drive a Superb II with Columbus Navigation System an rSAP Premium System. First of all ... I think that the Navigationsystem is not part which causes the problems - it's the rSAP system that (maybe) is the same throughout the VW-brands and often is orderer along the RNS510 (e.g. the Columbus).

The good news is ... you can fully use the rSAP-System with no problems at all to make your calls and access your SIM-Contacts. The bad news is ... you will have no access to your Outlook-Contacts (but you can make the most important ones accessible by use of the sim-manager-application that comes with your Touch HD).

The access of the rSAP-System to your outlook contacts is the key to the recurring disconnection problems most people are complaining about. In fact every time the rSAP tries to download these contacts (not the SIM-Contacts), the connection will break and the procedure begins again.

All you have to do ist to decline the access to your contacts when the message on your phone (not diaplay in the car) shows. Your SIM-Contacts will be downloaded sooner or later - i don't know yet why this process will fail sometimes too.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

(...)The side effect is that when you leave the car, and disconnect the phone from the Columbus unit, the GSM phone aerial won’t switch back on again (as I said, it’s not all phones, and I don’t know why it does it). The solution is before turning off the engine, open the “SAP settings” on the phone and turn the SIM Access off. This will disconnect the phone from the unit. Now, switch the phone itself off (ie, power down). When you power the phone back on again, SAP is off, and the phone works perfectly. To reconnect the phone to the unit, simply re-enable SAP, and it will connect automatically.(...)

I have a HTC Touch Pro T7272 with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and I do have the above quoted problem. Is there already a solution for this behaviour?

Any help is appreciated. :thumbup:

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I will answer my own question:

Hello All,

I have a HTC Touch Pro T7272 with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and I do have the above quoted problem. Is there already a solution for this behaviour?

Any help is appreciated. :thumbup:

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Simply select 'Cancel' when the screen asks for the PIN code.

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Hello,

I will answer my own question:

Simply select 'Cancel' when the screen asks for the PIN code.

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Hi Willem-Jan,

Which screen do you mean? The screen of your phone when it asks for your PIN again, or the screen in your car?

TIA,

Jeroen

is there a way to disable the popups when the phone connects and disconnects? it works perfectly, bu i get a bit annoyed by the popups that are shown all he time.

thanx!

Hi Bartez,

You mean on the Columbus? I do have the same...

Regards... Willem-Jan

No, the popups on the HTC TytnII i have in combination with the columbus.

So i mean the popups on the PHONE.....

Hi Bartez,

On my HTC Touch Pro I do not get any popups. Only on the Columbus when connecting.

Regards.... Willem-Jan

Hi Bartez,

On my HTC Touch Pro I do not get any popups. Only on the Columbus when connecting.

Regards.... Willem-Jan

On the columbus io get popups to, which say the phone is connected....that is not a problem and is ok and disappear after a while. The popups on the phone say the same thing, only they won't go away and keep on showing in the screen....i always have to click them away.....

On the columbus io get popups to, which say the phone is connected....that is not a problem and is ok and disappear after a while. The popups on the phone say the same thing, only they won't go away and keep on showing in the screen....i always have to click them away.....

The new 'popup' thread...

I verified this one on my HTC Touch Pro: it only says that my phone is visible for others. I never saw it before because my phone is always in my pocket or in the mid console.

Regards... Willem-Jan

The new 'popup' thread...

I verified this one on my HTC Touch Pro: it only says that my phone is visible for others. I never saw it before because my phone is always in my pocket or in the mid console.

Regards... Willem-Jan

I'm not sure what you mean with the above, but i'm just looking for a sollution to get rid of the popups on the HTC and keep the conection working. It's ok for me if the HTC gives me a popup to say it's disconnected, but i would like the popup to go away after a while....

Is it possible for the makers of the wonderfull plugin to edit this???

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks very much for providing this solution. After weeks of googeling and much frustration I finaly got everything to work.

However, even though it works perfectly, I have one wish regarding the program. Is is possible to disable the status messages like 'connected to RSAP' etc? I step in and out of my car for about 10 times a day. Everytime my X1 tells me I am in my car en when I get out and want to use my phone I first have to klick a few times before I can do what I want to do.

It is just a cosmetic wish that I have but it would make your solution even more perfect.

Hello,

Thanks very much for providing this solution. After weeks of googeling and much frustration I finaly got everything to work.

However, even though it works perfectly, I have one wish regarding the program. Is is possible to disable the status messages like 'connected to RSAP' etc? I step in and out of my car for about 10 times a day. Everytime my X1 tells me I am in my car en when I get out and want to use my phone I first have to klick a few times before I can do what I want to do.

It is just a cosmetic wish that I have but it would make your solution even more perfect.

That's my wish to....like i posted above.... :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi there

Just bought myself a new Superb Elegance TDI 170 and can't get my Sony Ericsson C905 to work at all - keeps saying it's not compatible, even after latest firmware on both phone and sat nav. Does anybody have any idea if this phone works, or will I have to bite the bullet and buy a cheap pay as you go??

Nice explanation!

I understood from my dealer that Skoda does not work with rSAP but with HFP ( Hands Free Protocol )

The RNS510 or Columbus have nothing to do with this, its all about the bluetooth module used.

Volkswagen uses a rSAP module with their premium phone addon, Skoda uses a HFP module with their bluetooth preparation

The RNS510 or Columbus are only a controlling device to operate the available Bluetooth module.

Again, this is what my dealer told me because i was able to use my iPhone G1 within the superb and not within a 2008 passat, hence the iPhone does not support rSAP.

Maybe this is all different in Holland :confused:

The new Superb II uses rSAP: it worked with my HTC50, but not (yet) with my iPhone 3G...

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All, are the devices genuinely “not compatible” or is it a procedural error (mine was) see my post (from another thread) below about my experience with various BlackBerries.

The BlackBerry 8520 will work. I stumbled on this tip at the on-line BlackBerry owners lounge. It was aimed at VW but of course works on the Columbus, well mine anyway?

The system could "see" the my BlackBerry 8520 but declared it as an "incompatible device". So the advice is first set the bluetooth device set up to "listen", then ask the car to "search for devices" this time it sees and accepts the device in the normal way.

As for which BlackBerries are compatible it seem that most? from the 8520 up could be. Check the bluetooth options on your device. You need an option (near the bottom), something like “Sim Access Protocol” available and ticked.

Both mine and my wifes BlackBerries (8520 and 8900) now work a treat. I have checked a colleagues 8310 and it hasn't got the above facility in the bluetooth options menu.

Cheers