HOWTO : Get rSAP working with the Columbus RNS510 using a

Alien8d

HI all.

Newbie here from Australia with another basic question (i have already searched these forums for answers but am now even more confused). I have just purchased a 2010 model Superb II Elegance and can only make and receive calls via bluetooth (no phone book option at all and no features to suggest any functionality on the columbus). The Columbus must have been replaced at some point as the sticker on the unit says it was manufactures in May 2012. (car was made October 2010). Hardware version H64 and Software 2844, Model 3T0035680 A.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 (and an LG L7 II ).

Am I write in saying that the phonebook function was an option at the time of purchase? Can it be Columbus be upgraded to allow this function? I don't see the point in a handsfree system that makes me still use my phone to dial a number or select a contact just so that I can talk and listen handsfree.

Sorry about the dumb bum question. Please set me straight either way.

Love the car by the way. Shame Skoda isn't a big brand here in Australia...I have so many people stop and ask me about it.

The Columbus only acts and external display for the phone module which sits under the drivers side seat, any missing functionality will be  a combination of this module and compatibility with your phone handset.

Thanks Mannyo.

Steep learning curve for me but it getting clearer now. There is nothing under my drivers seat (besides carpet!) so I guess my Superb doesn't have the extra functionality. There is a covered box under the passenger seat though (remember in Aus the drivers side is on the Right). ..not sure what that is but I will research that some more. 

I thought this was the case but it seemed strange that I have a phone button on the steering wheel and a phone button on the columbus ( that does nothing but mute the stereo) and can make and receive calls via bluetooth but it didn't come with a phonebook. There is even a Phonebook user guide in the glovebox along with the Columbus and Superb books. Thought that was a bit strange...why supply a separate user manual if the car doesn't have the function??

I have been reading about the phone compatibilty issues on this forum....it sure is place of good information!.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Not being very up on the technical bits regarding Bluetooth, but I have recently bought a 58 plate Skod Superb Elegance and there is a Bluetooth Module under the driver's seat. The module model no. is 3C8035730.

As this is one of the earlier units, I am unable to get it to connect to my iPhone 5c or works iPhone 4.

The Superb uses Columbus with Satnav and a mono colour Maxidot display behind the steering wheel.

I would like to update this unit to one that will be compatible with my phone. Please can someone advise on which model no. I should be looking for?

Thanks and best wishes

Dan (UK)

OK, as a follow-up to this, I have just seen a unit on ebay with a model no. of

3C8035730D Wifi A2DP RSAP

There are some comments elsewhere that indicate I would need to get it coded by a SKODA dealer in order to make it work with my car. Is this correct?

Edited by Bonerparte