Question about Superb Footwell Lights and Entry Lights

graeme86

Just wanted to clarify the factory operation of these lights in a Superb I

There is a door entry light under the door panel and also a footwell light inside the car.

So, if you open up one door, does only that door entry light and that particular footwell light come on?

Or do all the footwell lights come on if you open only one door?

Also. if you stop car and pull key out of ignition, this normally switches on the interior light in the roof. (if you have the switch set that way:))

Do all the footlights also turn on??...or only come on once the door is actually opened?

Also if you unlock car with remote, the interior roof light comes on (if you have the switch set that way:))...do the footwell lights also come on then?...I mean before you actually physically open the door to get in?

Does anyone also know the actual part number for the footlights and the circular looking mounting plate (or is it all in one part??) that clips under the front seats as well (for the rear well illumination).

Thanks again in advance for any information about this.:thumbup:

(I am now picturing a load of "Briskodians" faffing about in their driveway with their neighbours looking on in bemused wonder at what they are doing.:rofl:)

Edited by graeme86

On my car, when you take the key out of the ignition the interior lights come on for a period - that is, the one by the rear view mirror and the two rears.

When you open a door, these come on again in conjunction with the footwell light and puddle light of that particular door. The other footwells do not light up and... well, I can't see the puddle lights of the doors which close ;)

Mine's a MY03 pre-facelift classic.

Hope it helps :)

Thanks very much, thats exactly what I needed to know.:thumbup:

I was looking at a wiring schematic for the Superb that was posted over in the tech forum and I wanted to doublecheck that the footlight did not come on unless that door was actually open (if I was to follow the factory wiring for my retrofit).

Now I just need the part number for the bracket/light that goes under the seat and also the other bracket that holds the light up behind the glovebox.(I think it just clips on somewhere under there).:confused:

Thanks again!

Thanks very much, thats exactly what I needed to know.:thumbup:

I was looking at a wiring schematic for the Superb that was posted over in the tech forum and I wanted to doublecheck that the footlight did not come on unless that door was actually open (if I was to follow the factory wiring for my retrofit).

Now I just need the part number for the bracket/light that goes under the seat and also the other bracket that holds the light up behind the glovebox.(I think it just clips on somewhere under there).:confused:

Thanks again!

I think Baker may be able to help you here, he's replaced all his OE's with Hella LED units.

Incidentally, retro fit? I've got a pretty early poverty spec, and that's got them as standard... surely this feature is standard across the range?

AFAIK the only thing I know that's different is the location of the puddle lamps - on pre-facelift they're in the bottom of the doors, post they're in the mirrors.

I think Baker may be able to help you here, he's replaced all his OE's with Hella LED units.

Incidentally, retro fit? I've got a pretty early poverty spec, and that's got them as standard... surely this feature is standard across the range?

AFAIK the only thing I know that's different is the location of the puddle lamps - on pre-facelift they're in the bottom of the doors, post they're in the mirrors.

They are still under the doors and on the mirrors on the facelift, exactly the same as the pre facelift - under each door, and below the two door mirrors. :thumbup: