Anyone Considered A ?

Supurbia

Jagdeo, cheap as right now, why buy Ford when you can tell the peasent next door driving his Micra that the he adores is a Camero hearse, and he should go see a Proton dealer for forgiveness.

But you are buying a Ford....

I'd not buy a Jaguar after reading the Car Mechanics magazine project story for an XJ40 a few years ago: it was one of those cars with lots of expensive common failures that broke as fast as they could fix it. I'd rather have the Mondeo, which is saying a lot.

I had an X-Type, the 2.0D in Sport Spec on an 03 plate, the first Jag Diesel ever.

It was a very nice car and I still miss it in many way's. 20k miles of trouble free motoring and people with Mondeo's telling me it was just a Mondeo

I was seriously considering an S type before buying the Octy - the used prices have plummeted and it's a hell of a lot of car for the money, especially if you can get one of the later and more efficient 2.5s or a diesel and dodge the high tax bracket. Of course, that's less of an immediate issue now the prices have been set back - had this happened 6 months ago that may have sealed the deal.

Still intend to own a Jag at some point though :)

Not enough legroom in the back for the job so no thanks!

That's what puts me off tbh Mark, but as a daily drive the kudos of having a Jag sat outside rather than a Ford has to be worth considering, sorry about the gobbledy **** way the original reads, I was elephants trunk at the time.:D

For the size of the car the rear legroom is definitely low, but then coming from the cars I was used to it was like sitting in a concert hall :) I'm also most comfortable with the Italian-a-like 'short legs, long arms' driving position, so I can free up a bit of rear seat space that way - people are amazed at how much room they have in my Octy behind the drivers seat :)

My mates just bought a 3.0 SE Auto in Black with Ivory Leather , sat nav , 6 cd (even has a tape player!). He gave me a shot in it , and funnily enough it reminded me of my 280 Capri , must have been the smell of the leather and the sound of the V6....I like it , and I wouldnt mind one myself!