iPod, DAB, MFSW & Maxidot - can I have it all?

IanC747

Hello all....

I've just bought an Octavia Elegance with the Stream MP3 head unit.

I've seen the blurb for the Dension iPod controller, and looks good. I can control the iPod through the MFSW/Maxi dot screen.

However, I also want DAB (for BBC7 mostly!) and my concern is that getting a JVC/Pioneer etc head unit would mean I couldn't use the MFSW at all. So my next thought was - could I fit a VW head unit RCD310/510 and have a VW DAB unit installed? Then would the Dension work with all that?

Or - am I missing an easier way to have the iPod control, DAB reception all work with the MFSW???

Thanks....

I've seen it mentioned in the Jetta brochure for a month or two. What would be ideal is if the DAB unit could just slot into the 'rack' in the Octavia's boot and wire into the existing head unit (with new aerial)....

L

Ian, would be really interested to know how you get on with this. I have got a columbus and it is all ready to go for DAB in so much as DAB is even referred to in some of the hidden menus (just press "settings" for long enough and see what happens!

The idea of simply slotting the DAB unit into the rack in the boot sounds great although routing the wire through to the head unit could be a bit stressful!