Octavia 2 VRS Limited Edition Register

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

No 64 TFSi hatch. 64000 miles, now in Cornwall, originally Surrey so think potentially supplied by Station Garage in Rudgwick. I bought from 1st owner who was a dad’s neighbour so known from new. 

FA18CEAE-D2E4-4C1F-97FF-F72431CFD10B.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hello

Currently have 3 of these Limited Edition VrS.

Well one I have sold now another is being used for repairs and the 3rd one I have just recently finished repairing and will be keeping now.

The one I will be using now is No.32 

Sadly the one I have had since last 5 years the engine went after an issue with the timing belt so found one that was damaged which I bought and repaired and then sold to a friend. Then found this No32 which had front end damage and drivers leg damage, so taken them parts of my old one and used to fix this one and now will be using this hopefully for many years.

• Love it! 1

• 2 months later...

Number 492, about to be sold to Adamsons Motors in Deal (former Skoda dealer now general used sales).

Great car.  Been absolutely solid since i bought it in 2012 from Jewsons Skoda in Oxford with 30,070 miles on the clock.  Looked after very well mechanically, although i did play cambelt roulette for a while, leaving it quite a bit longer than Skoda originally recommended.  Driven carefully with kids in the car most of the time, with a bit of 'spirited' driving when it's just me in it (never, not even once, had the DPF light come on).

V5 says 3 former keepers, but i believe it was pre-reg by the garage that supplied it, then owned by its only other actual owner, before i bought it in the (now ex) wife's name.  She transferred it to me when we split, so actually only two owners so far. 

The original wheels went a bit wonky, i bought a spare set from a nice bloke on here, and then one of them went wonky too*, so  I put some of the new shape diamond cut alloys on it a couple of years ago, and three of those are pretty much immaculate, with one having a slight bit of kerb rash.  I dont know whether the dealer will bother fixing that, TBH, given the age of the car and how light the damage is, but that's up to them now.

If you're wanting a very good, reliable, example of this car, go buy it from them.  If I'd been on the ball and planned this ahead, maybe I would have registered for freedom and sold it privately for a little bit more, but c'est la vie.

* see post below (if it survives)

Edited by mr_awol

Quick note to site admin - i know this is against the rules, but there's a good reason and (i think) it's in the interest of community spirit for you to allow it, so I'm hoping you will be lenient.  I've deliberately separated this post from the one above in case you feel otherwise and decide to delete - that way you can just get rid of this reply and leave the one that doesn't commit any crimes against the forum.  I dont know who to message, otherwise id have asked permission.

As mentioned above, my LE wheels, like so many others before me, went a bit wonky.  I was lucky enough to find a thread on here from a guy who had the same issue and swapped his wheels out.  Many years of happy motoring later, i had put the best four wheels of the eight i had on the car, and one buckled.  The others were stolen off the drive and a saw some new shape ones on ebay so off i went and bought them.

I therefore have four (largely kerbed, it must be said) original LE wheels, one with a good tyre, three with either heavily worn and in one case i think illegal tyre.  They are no good to me, i put them on ebay for collection only, and no interest other than someone in Scotland and i was reluctant to courier them.  I figured i'd leave them in the shed and if i either scrapped or p/x'd the car, I would put them back on and flog the nice mint condition ones i have on the car now.  The car goes in tomorrow p/x and I'm getting a good price, they know it has the 'new' wheels on and i feel it would be bad faith to swap them now.  As such, the LE wheels are going back up for sale.

Now I'm not going to register/pay for freedom just to flog these wheels, given I'm no longer a Skoda (or even VAG) driver.  On the flip side it could help out an LE owner who just wants some cheap wheels as theirs are buckled.  So, perhaps you would be so kind as to let this post stay, so any LE owners can PM me if they want to buy them.  If you're feeling really charitable, you might like to let me know it's ok to bump a thread for LE wheels in the sale/wanted section with my details.  If not, then i understand.  It's a bit of a flyer anyway.  The main motivation is the wife wants them gone, and i want to stick a few quid in my back pocket - and let's be honest it's only an LE owner with buckled original wheels who would be interested in these.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

fascinating stuff you learn here ...

i'm a proud owner newbie of 2 months ... bought privately an estate vrs TDI 2012 140 kw with DSG auto DQ250 6 speed wet plates i've found out... learnt from Toot (a real star here on the forum)

i'll check my seat number in the morning and post back here ... just reserving my spot 👍

tom 

so i excited checked my seat to see what number my Vrs is to find ..... nothing! 💔... [just a small airbag tag in black] ...

checked all seats ...they have Vrs stitched into the back of the seat 

so all i can say is number? - TDI Vrs 2012 estate bought october with 116k miles in Sittingbourne privately [had been in the family mostly just members of family name changes on V5]

now happily down the coast near faversham 

9 minutes ago, promomast said:

so i excited checked my seat to see what number my Vrs is to find ..... nothing! 💔... [just a small airbag tag in black] ...

checked all seats ...they have Vrs stitched into the back of the seat 

so all i can say is number? - TDI Vrs 2012 estate bought october with 116k miles in Sittingbourne privately [had been in the family mostly just members of family name changes on V5]

now happily down the coast near faversham 

The limited edition cars (Le 500) where only made in 2009 so unfortunately yours is a normal vRS. 

oh now i get it ...doh ... newbie error and thank you for the update ... i feel better already ..well sort of

just not one of the 500 ...sad face 

and made me chuckle ....'normal vRS' ... doesn't feel it in the cockpit 

the estate is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing ... i certainly don't get tailgated for long ... the badge says it all :hi:

7 hours ago, promomast said:

oh now i get it ...doh ... newbie error and thank you for the update ... i feel better already ..well sort of

just not one of the 500 ...sad face 

and made me chuckle ....'normal vRS' ... doesn't feel it in the cockpit 

the estate is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing ... i certainly don't get tailgated for long ... the badge says it all :hi:

Sorry didn’t mean it was a normal car lol I am lucky enough to be the owner of a 2009 LE - TDI Estate vRS (1 of 100).

Yes there are very misunderstood car and you get to shock people when they think it’s JUST a Skoda 😂

thanks JR ... honestly not offended .. i like banter 

now trying to find out when the last dsg oil change milage was made ..  i'll ring the garage the original owner used and hope they did it ... now at 118 k miles ... 130k would hopefully be it's 3rd change with filter i believe 

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just had my turbo fail and local mechanics are reluctant to take the job of replacement on. What experiences have others had with their turbo failing and what did it cost?

IMG_20220826_102043295_HDR.jpg

• 2 months later...