Unknown object(for me)

Hi people,

My felly is running great after repairs, i'm also thinking to cover its interior body work with fabric to look more cozy! Tuning seems quite easy and cheap.:)

Anyway, yesterday i want for dinner with my gf. The weather was rainy. No problem for my felly, but when we were returning we were hearing a metallic noise from the front right weel. The noise was becoming louder at higher speeds (30-40-50 km/h) ,on bumbs and when i was presing the cluch to change the gear. well i though it was the rain and something was wet. i stoped the car and find that nothing was stuck in the weel or the suspension(The noise something like tap---tap---tap and on higher speed was faster tap-tap-tap-tap so i guess something was stuck in the weel).

Today i opened the hood and looked from inside and i saw this cylinder that it doesnt do anything as i can tell. It is under the battery and behind the engine.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

It seemed to be outfitted and i tried to moved it with my hand to the left and it moved to its previous position.

I moved it because i though it was hitting the body work

and the place i though it should be was more shiny and not covered with dust. The cylinder has two(2) screws on it not very well placed. I did tried up some test to move it again to right or left and i didnt heard any noise. Also i notished that as im driving the cylinder is actually moving slowly to its bad (left) position.

Any helpfull ideas? Thanks all in advance!

P.s There were no streering or any loss of the car control.

Looks like the balance weight on the driveshaft, try moving it back to the correct position and tighten the screws if no good may need a new weight or pack out the shaft undo the weight refit over the packing (try insulation tape as a temp fix) then refit the screws and tighten. lets us know what happens:thumbup:

yep, the vibration damper is supposed to sit in that groove in the driveshaft, if it's moved i expect the bush has broken up, they only cost about £5 to buy from the dealer, the damper itself splits into 2 pieces and it's a dead easy job to fix