air filter?

is there any advantage to putting in an air filter from k+n or pipercross? is it easy to do and will it improve the sound of the car. mines an octavia vrs tdi.

thanks for the help

I'll let you know. I've got a K&N on order for my TDI vRS.

I've got the pipercross on order for my 2.0 TDi.

Will let you know if you want if there is any difference. It did make a slight performance increase on the ST170. Only about 1-2 BHP in real terms I expect.

I'm not sure it makes a difference on dervs since they are always taking in a full lung full of air no matter if idling or full throttle aint they?

I mate tried a K&N in his focus TDCi and said there was slight improvement to the smoothness of the drive and a slightly better pull.

Could be placebo ;)

is there any advantage to putting in an air filter from k+n or pipercross? is it easy to do and will it improve the sound of the car. mines an octavia vrs tdi.

thanks for the help

I recently fitted K&N 57-0570 induction kit to my RS. The car sounds completely different now enough to turn heads :cool: You will be very happy with the result thats for sure.

Panel filter will let the car breath better but dont expect any sound improvements it will be the same. (I also tried K&N panel filter)

@ rsbspt - cheers lad let me know how it goes

@smstext - was it hard to fit?

On mine it wasnt, undone the four screws holding the air housing together, then the screw holding OEM filter in, took OEM out, put green filter in and screwed in making sure no wholes and fitted securely, then put lid back on air cover and did the screws back up.