18" B14 Alloys scuffed?

Darren260403

Hi all, having just bought 2 new B14 alloys from my local dealer at a cost of £190 each, i was wondering if any of you have had any refurbs done on these kind of wheels before?

I have spoken to a couple of local wheel refurb companies & both have said they cannot guarantee they can match "exactly" the colour of the original alloys?

They were an optional upgrade when new & IMHO look amazing but because they have a gunmetal kind of finish it is much harder to match than the usual silver colour of most alloys!

I can't afford to replace them everytime myself or SWMBO clips a kerb (not that it happens very often?) so do you guys/gals have any info or contacts etc that could save me a lot of money in the not so distant future?

Many thanks in advance....:thumbup:

26508.attach

Edited by Darren260403
wrong info

Definately worth thinking about mate yes! Just waiting to see what any other members opinions may be on the refurb issue?

Seemed like a good idea at the time as there isn't too many Octys around with those wheels? Love the look of them, just didn't realise the colour would be an issue?:confused:

I have spoken to a couple of local wheel refurb companies & both have said they cannot guarantee they can match "exactly" the colour of the original alloys?

They were an optional upgrade when new & IMHO look amazing but because they have a gunmetal kind of finish it is much harder to match than the usual silver colour of most alloys!

I can't afford to replace them everytime myself or SWMBO clips a kerb (not that it happens very often?) so do you guys/gals have any info or contacts etc that could save me a lot of money in the not so distant future?

Many thanks in advance....:thumbup:

A tip given to me by a refurber is to have the two wheels on one side refurbed together, then any slight mis-match doesn't matter.

Very sneaky but i like it!!!!!

Am wondering just how much difference we could be talking? If it's a case of having to put an original alloy right next to a refurbed one to be able to see a slight difference, i'd definately go for it!

A tip given to me by a refurber is to have the two wheels on one side refurbed together, then any slight mis-match doesn't matter.

I would agree with the above comment, you would never know and I am sure that the refurber is just saying there will be a slight colour difference to cover his or hers back when in reality it will more than likely be spot on...........

Cheers people, am gonna give one of the scuffed wheels to a guy i know who has said that for £50 per wheel he can get the alloy to a standard nobody would ever know damage had been done?

Am happy to risk £50 to see what the end result would be, and if it looks as good as he says he can get it & the colour match is pretty close to an original i will then set about getting the others done!

Thanks again everyone.... :thumbup: