Petrol smell when idling

it is the lower crankcase breather pipe nut not sure on part number. I replaced all my breather pipes with silicone ones for a mk4 golf from a place in the states. Eurojet racing Eurojet 1.8T PCV Hose Replacement Kit only needed to cut off 1/2" of one pipe to get good fit

you do need to be careful when changing the lower hose as if this pipe has split then the others will be brittle as well so check all the small hoses under the inlet manifold too. it is also possible to break the dipstick (like I did)

• 2 months later...

Still need help on this topic I'm afrain. Has changed the above mentioned hose and no other hoses seems to be faulty. Other than that I have change the MAF sensor but that didnt help (so I'm running on the old MAF again).

But now I have an error code on the front lambda sensor, but can that lead to petrol smell when idling?