diets

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

south beach diet.

two weeks, should lose about a stone :)

Breakfast

2 eggs scrambled with fresh herbs and mushrooms and 2 rashers grilled lean bacon. Plus a small glass of tomato juice and a decaf coffee or tea.

Morning Snack

1 small chunk reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.

Lunch

Chicken Caesar salad (no croutons) with 2tbsp Caesar dressing.

Afternoon Snack

3tbsp low-fat cottage cheese with 1 tomato and cucumber.

Dinner

Grilled salmon with steamed asparagus and a salad made from mixed leaves, cucumber, green pepper, cherry tomatoes and 2tbsp low-sugar dressing.

Dessert

Lemon Ricotta Crème made by mixing 115g/4oz reduced-fat ricotta cheese with a little sweetener and ¼tsp each of lemon zest and vanilla extract. Serve chilled.

:D

I was 19st 6lbs on Monday, so thats another lb last week - not at all disappointed with 10lbs over a fortnight. :thumbup:

I've been much stricter as of Sunday though. Cycled 6 miles last night (a brisk half hour exercise), and briskly walked for 45mins at lunchtime today. I've banned food after 8pm, and am making sure I leave a little bit of my dinner on my plate, even if its just a forkful of mash or whatever. :)

Well done everyone else though, all good progress!! :thumbup:

Well I couldn't resist a cheeky weigh in last night as I've been saintly with what I've been eating and the exercise I've been doing - and I've lost 14lbs! Thats a whole stone in just under 3 weeks :)

To say I'm chuffed is a massive understatement, it just seems to be falling off me :thumbup:

If I keep this up I won't have to buy a new suit for my brother's wedding in March :rofl:

1lb here or there isn't worth going by - water retention etc means body weight fluctuated by several lbs a day... :)

I'm seriously hungry right now. Had a stupid day at work and didn't get to grab any lunch. Had a bowl of cornflakes about 4pm, and just got home from gritting. Theres nothing healthy in the house, so hoping this pint of water will clench my hunger til morning... :(

Down to just under 12 1/2 stone now. I've lost just over 1 stone in 2 months.

I'm now weigh less than when I got married and can fit into my wedding suit again, so thats another suit I now have for work without having to buy one :)

I've not cycled for about 10 days and I've not really committed any thought to what I've been eating at all.

A fresh burst of enthusiasm as of now I think! :)