pollen filter on vrs

newskoda

yup, ive just this min done mine

have a look under the glovebox, and on the right there are 2 slides, push one to the bulkhead and pull the other towards you and pull, a cover then comes off and the filter should then pull out, there is a little tab in the middle you can pull, its in a little frame, simply push it out, put your new filter in, and like the haynes loves to say, refitting is reversal of removal hehe

yup, ive just this min done mine

have a look under the glovebox, and on the right there are 2 slides, push one to the bulkhead and pull the other towards you and pull, a cover then comes off and the filter should then pull out, there is a little tab in the middle you can pull, its in a little frame, simply push it out, put your new filter in, and like the haynes loves to say, refitting is reversal of removal hehe

aha thanks but i slid one of the slides towards the passenger window direction and the other towards the driver side as far as it would go. Do i then have the case downwards?

another question which i hope someone can help with me...i need to replace the wiper blades but noticed one of them is the spoiler type. 21" long i think. i removed it look over it and then put it back but forgot which direction the spoiler is ment to be.Is the wiperspoiler ment to be so that when the blade is attached to the arm, the spoiler is above the blade? or underneath the blade?

help!! lol

Typically, how often would they need replacing?

My car is an 04 and has done 44k, and is used in 70% country, 30% city environment

I think the manual says every 4 years

I'd suggest every 12 months as reading here and other posts, even after 6 months its covered with quite a bit of crud.

• 2 months later...

To all fellow Fabia Pollen Filter changers,

On mine the clips have to go inward towards each other in the longitudinal axis of the car (2007 Fabia 1.4 Tdi 5-door). Of course, this is AFTER your remove the black foam cover piece that is lining the underside of the dash board above the passenger footwell (no tools needed, just carefully bend it slightly and pull it out).

By the way, on the bottom of the "resusable" Filter carrier frame, there is a retangular piece of the black molded plastic that can be pulled down to assist with yanking out the Filer/Frame. It has a grid of 'bumps" on it for grip, and a "living hinge" that let's it come straight down. Wasn't really required to do this on mine, as it didn't hangup or stick at all, but I suppose it might come in handy for others.

The tricky part is putting in the new filter in. And make sure you replace the old one with the correct type, there are regular white filers and gray Carbon filter types. You can also tell the difference by the weight in case your filter is dirty to the piont of looking gray? The carbon filter is quite a bit heavier.

Getting back to installing the new one. Take a close look at how the original factory one is installed (if you are sure you are doing the 1st replacement, if not, don't depend on the previous person having done it right). Like I said it's a bit tricky, the lip of the 1st and last Filter pleat must go over a plastic edge/lip in the carrier, but there are 2 lips at each end of the carrier. Don't try to get it over the outer lip as this is the sealing lip to the filter housing. There is a "straight inner lip" that the pleat should slide in over at both ends. So, you have to make sure both the 1st and last pleat edges, and the plastic sides, of the filter are all going in correctly at the same time, not totally easy, but doable if you pay attention. At the top of the filter carrier, the plastice sides of the new filter slide into the "splits" at the corners of the carrier. Also, make sure you have the Air-flow arrows on the filer lined up with the arrows on the carrier.

Now, make sure you put back the new filter/carrier back, in the same direction you took it out, assuming you noted the direction when you took it out? If you didn't, here is a hint, the grid of bumps on the plastic "pull-tab" should be on the side towards the passenger door.

By the way, the manual says do this every 30K Km for mine. Good luck

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Now, make sure you put back the new filter/carrier back, in the same direction you took it out, assuming you noted the direction when you took it out? If you didn't, here is a hint, the grid of bumps on the plastic "pull-tab" should be on the side towards the passenger door.

Just changed my pollen filter and the orientation described above is not the case on my 2008 Fabia 1.4 TDi. The grid of bumps on the pull tab was closest to the drivers side not the passenger side. (Right Hand Drive). You can tell because there is a lug on the filter cassette which will only allow proper insertion the correct way round.

Edited by Warby

• 4 years later...

I've just changed the one in my 54 Fabia estate; clearly it had not been changed since the car was built! I'm considering sending the contents to the Natural History Museum, as I feel sure the organic life forms discovered therein are believed to be extinct!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 1/6/2013 at 11:00, Warby said:

Just changed my pollen filter and the orientation described above is not the case on my 2008 Fabia 1.4 TDi. The grid of bumps on the pull tab was closest to the drivers side not the passenger side. (Right Hand Drive). You can tell because there is a lug on the filter cassette which will only allow proper insertion the correct way round.

Not being pedantic, but MK1 Fabia is 2000 - 2006.Might be why ypors is different B)