Bloody scumbags! Wing Mirror woes!

Came out of the house this morning to find this

d8c21ca2.jpg:thumbdwn:

It looks like the actual bolt connecting it to the door has sheared...

c5f40d95.jpg:thumbdwn:

I've ordered a new primed one from ebay - is there any chance I can just swap over my painted bits and fit it that way?:confused:

Thanks in advance!

is there any chance I can just swap over my painted bits and fit it that way?:confused:

Rotten luck. Clean break there. If the casing is OK I believe you can remove/refit them. Once the mirror glass is unclipped out I think there are some tiny bolts behind which hold the casing on.

Came out of the house this morning to find this

I've ordered a new primed one from ebay - is there any chance I can just swap over my painted bits and fit it that way?:confused:

Thanks in advance!

Some one did almost exactly the same to mine.

I got a second hand one from skospares.com and transfered over all the bits. I forget now how it works out, but it wasn't that difficult.

If you gently press in one corner f the glass, and get it to it's maximum angle, you can then get your fingers behind the other edge and pull gently. the glass will then pop out.

I seem to remember there are then a couple of screws inside that will allow you to separate the red and black bits.

have a look at http://briskoda.net/octavia-i/yep-you-guessed-i-need-help-wing-mirror-replacement-advice/125261/