Parking sensor kit

RZR

Hi Folks

Just wondering whats the best parking senser kit to get so as the sensors sit flush on the black trim of the back bumper on my superb, ie do u need wedges etc and also what sise of senors? ie 18mm, 21mm, 22mm.

Thanks RZR

Most will be almost invisible, but you need to check how well they work before investing. Mine are a few years old (when SWMBO was learning) and are very accurate. The problems are that they are slow (it's a voice system) and the screen is too bright when your reversing at night.

If your looking for a kit to retro fit I can higly recommend the Cobra system. As used by many as an accessory kit its simple to fit, reasonably cheap and you can paint the sensors so they are invisible o see in the bumper. Comes with all the templates etc and requires 20mm holes to be drilled.

COBRA PARKMASTER - REVERSE PARKING AID PARKING SENSOR on eBay, also Reversing Sensors, Security Electrical, Car Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 04-Feb-09 15:18:01 GMT)

If your looking for a kit to retro fit I can higly recommend the Cobra system...

:iagree:

This one of the best I've seen. I fitted one on a friends car as she kept making post shaped dents in the rear bumper. It seems to detect a single 50mm post far more quickly than anything I've tried. You can't match a 4 sensor system with a 'number plate' system.

For the Superb there are holes int the rear rubber modding that allow u to fix the reverse sensor into the bumpers, You will need to remove the rear rubber moddings and there u will see where the holes are exactly. Once u drill into the rubber modding correctly you can fix the the reverse sensor into it. There are 4 holes exactly for you to fix. So please get a 4 reverse sensor type and not the 2 reverse types.

Here's what I did with Cobra.

http://briskoda.net/superb/parking-sensors-afterwards/87530/

And still working after snow and ice.

If you need more pics let me know.

As was threatened in that thread I was tempted to install the El-Cheapó model from Biltema. And surprizingly against all odds it has worked amazingly well. Installation is just like in your pictures and the main unit and beeper unit's are installed just like yours.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this mod!