Problem with heating

Hi Guys,

Was coming home tonight and i had the heating on in my 1.4MPI 2001 fabia, i started to smell a burning smell, like tires burning, thinking it was coming from outside i turned the heating off, when i tryed to turn it back on the fans arent running. Im guessing the smell was perhaps the melting of wires or something ?

Anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions as to where i would start in terms of diagnosing the problem?

Kindest regards,

thanks for your reply moggy.

Chances are your right. do you have any idea where the heater motor is located? might lift it out and give it a stand alone test before i go buying a new one.

many thanks for your help.

Quite a bit of the under dash trim has to come out, not a nice job at all. I would speak to a dealer to get a price for the motor, and ask for a fitting quote at the same time. If you want to DIY the job, I would download the relevant Manual from Media Fire. There's a link on here somewhere to the online manuals.

http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/excellent-free-service-manuals/131010/

excelent, thats a brilliant collection of documents you've uploaded.

I'm reading the section in the air conditioning document titled "removing and installing the fresh air blower". I take it thats what im looking for? the last part in the removal makes reference to "removing the fan motor and and fan wheel.

Many thanks again for all your help :)